Divisional Playoffs Thread

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

viking_guy
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Divisional Playoffs Thread

Post by viking_guy »

the 49ers covered the over/under themselves. I love when the Packers get destroyed.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

viking_guy wrote:the 49ers covered the over/under themselves. I love when the Packers get destroyed.
Almost as enjyable as a vikings win....well not really but you know what i mean.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

Here's to the Pukers getting their butts whipped tonight! Skol!
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

soflavike wrote:Here's to the Pukers getting their butts whipped tonight! Skol!
:thumbsup: :rock:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Almost as enjyable as a vikings win....well not really but you know what i mean.
I do. If the Vikes can't win, a Packer's loss is the next best thing! :D
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Just Me wrote:I do. If the Vikes can't win, a Packer's loss is the next best thing! :D
I've been on record for weeks saying that a Packer's playoff loss is much more satisfying than the Vikes making the playoffs. ...Because I knew we weren't ready to take the league this year. Another great draft, and we should be ready to go deep into the playoffs.

But seriously, looks who is playing this week. Packers who we beat at home and lost to on the road, 49er's who we beat at home, Seahawks who we lost to on the road, and Texans who we beat on the road. We really belonged at this stage.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

The way Kapernick destroyed the Packers with the run option, you might think that we could have had some success with it had we let Webb run it. For more than the first drive, I mean.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

I was rooting for the Broncos .... until they went all conservative at the end. With 2 min to go they run 3 times and punt. That's when I switched teams. Then their PREVENT defense gives up a 70 yard bomb??!?!? WOW! As much as I hate prevent D, I've never seen it get beat deep like that. Who wants to tell me now that they wouldn't take Flacco over Ponder? Then more conservatism by the Broncos taking a knee at the end. They looked rather conservative in OT too. They were playing not to lose at the end and I really hate that about teams.

Like some have mentioned already, Fox and the Broncos reminded me of Green and the '98 Vikings in the championship game. I call it quitter mode.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Obviously I love that the Packers season came to an end. Now it almost doesn't matter to me who makes it to the bowl. I just hope for more good games.

However I'm still a little mad about Jordy Nelson getting away with another push off in the end zone and the defender getting called for PI. Instead of a Rodgers INT it led to a Rodgers TD. A meaningless TD mind you, but still irritating none the less.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
viking_guy
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by viking_guy »

Reignman wrote:
However I'm still a little mad about Jordy Nelson getting away with another push off in the end zone and the defender getting called for PI. Instead of a Rodgers INT it led to a Rodgers TD. A meaningless TD mind you, but still irritating none the less.
the refs totally blew that call. Nelson may be a good receiver, but man does he cheat - a lot.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Amazing. A week after being so proud of holding Adrian Peterson to under 100 yards, the Packers give up over 300 rushing yards to the 49ers.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

John_Viveiros wrote:The way Kapernick destroyed the Packers with the run option, you might think that we could have had some success with it had we let Webb run it. For more than the first drive, I mean.
Maybe but a huge part of why that approach worked for the 49ers was the actual threat of the pass and the Packers respect for it.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

John_Viveiros wrote:The way Kapernick destroyed the Packers with the run option, you might think that we could have had some success with it had we let Webb run it. For more than the first drive, I mean.
No doubt that K is a better passer than Webb but he has a better O-line and 10x better wide receivers. K's passing numbers were/are quite pedestrian 17-31 2tds and a pick 6.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Wow, J. Rodgers just finished the first quarter of the falcons/Seahawks games with an absolutely fantastic run.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote:Wow, J. Rodgers just finished the first quarter of the falcons/Seahawks games with an absolutely fantastic run.
Falcons have looked solid, but Wilson seems to be finding his rhythm now. I hope this turns into a close and entertaining game. Wilson is fun to watch.