No respect for the 49ers

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

No respect for the 49ers

Post by NextQuestion »

I remember a year ago that nobody thought Drew Brees and the Saints could be stopped. They walked into Candlestick and SF showed up big time. Now a year later Aaron Rodgers and the "red hot" Green Bay Packers are a sure win in most analysts eyes. Why? GB is totally a vulnerable team and they are playing the best D (IMHO) in the league...at home....off of a freaking BYE WEEK. Justin Smith being hurt is not good but that team is loaded with depth. Kaepernick is the X factor but I think he's ready to take on the task of his first home playoff game. He's beat GOOD teams this year and most impressively... New England in Foxboro.

People say the Packers are getting healthy but if I recall didn't GB have all of their WRs in week 1?
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
S197
Fenrir

Re: No respect for the 49ers

Post by S197 »

The 49ers showed no respect for the Vikings either:
The San Francisco 49ers are preparing for next week's division-round playoff game as if they already know their opponent.

With a first-round bye a trio of San Francisco scout teamers wore the jerseys numbers of key Green Bay Packers during Friday's practice.

They simulated top Green Bay wide receivers Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson along with tight end Jermichael Finley as third-string 49ers quarterback Scott Tolzien tossed passes.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/0 ... 12212.html
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

No offense to us but they did this last year too. They didn't plan for Detroit at all and spent two weeks going through Saints film. if anything I think they have extreme upside with Kaepernick now.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Sinatra
Starter

Post by Sinatra »

What the hell are you guys talking about?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

It's a straight 50/50 split on the game. Which makes sense, since the line is basically a push. Kaepernick brings uncertainty to the table, and, with all due respect to their win over the Patriots, they finished the season looking somewhat mediocre (3-2 in the final 5). A second-year QB with a handful of games under his belt v. the reigning NFL MVP QB. Now matter where that game is played, I think a 50/50 split on the picks is fair, and hardly a sign of "no respect" for the 9'ers.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Someone explain the value of this so-called "respect"? Every season I see some fans getting their noses out of joint because they say the Vikings get no respect. I don't get it.

Two teams meet on a football field, they play a game, one wins, one loses. Where does the respect part play a part?
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Sinatra wrote:What the hell are you guys talking about?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

It's a straight 50/50 split on the game. Which makes sense, since the line is basically a push. Kaepernick brings uncertainty to the table, and, with all due respect to their win over the Patriots, they finished the season looking somewhat mediocre (3-2 in the final 5). A second-year QB with a handful of games under his belt v. the reigning NFL MVP QB. Now matter where that game is played, I think a 50/50 split on the picks is fair, and hardly a sign of "no respect" for the 9'ers.
This entire game is coming down to which Kaepernick shows up. I still have no idea why Harbaugh made the permanent switch to begin with. Smith took them to OT in the NFCC game and had an unbelievable playoff game vs the Saints. Plus he got off to a good start this year. Then he gets injured, Kaepernick has a couple good games, and Harbaugh decides to stick with him?
Eli wrote:Someone explain the value of this so-called "respect"? Every season I see some fans getting their noses out of joint because they say the Vikings get no respect. I don't get it.

Two teams meet on a football field, they play a game, one wins, one loses. Where does the respect part play a part?
Ha, I think the people that complain about getting no respect are the same people that cry when they feel the other team is running up the score. I'm in the camp that says, if you don't like it, do something about it or shut the hell up.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

I think the niners are overrated, but I hope they have enough to beat gb. I think they are overrated as well!

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

indianation65 wrote:I think the niners are overrated, but I hope they have enough to beat gb. I think they are overrated as well!

...wisdom
Still think they're overrated? They looked pretty good to this old man.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
justinkendle
Veteran

Post by justinkendle »

Always a good day when the Slackers lose :rock:
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Reignman wrote:This entire game is coming down to which Kaepernick shows up. I still have no idea why Harbaugh made the permanent switch to begin with. Smith took them to OT in the NFCC game and had an unbelievable playoff game vs the Saints. Plus he got off to a good start this year. Then he gets injured, Kaepernick has a couple good games, and Harbaugh decides to stick with him?
Ha, I think the people that complain about getting no respect are the same people that cry when they feel the other team is running up the score. I'm in the camp that says, if you don't like it, do something about it or shut the hell up.

Got any Idea now why they switched QBs? :lol: Leave the decisions to a professional coach they do this for a living.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Purple bruise wrote:Got any Idea now why they switched QBs? :lol: Leave the decisions to a professional coach they do this for a living.
Haha you're right, and I'm here to eat myself a big helping of crow. I said what I said because I thought Kaepernick was only 3-2 as a starter but it turns out he was 5-2. However my biggest crime against Kaepernick was when I compared him to Joe Webb about a month ago. It was more a comparison of how they looked playing QB and not necessarily how well they played QB, but now I feel silly for even mentioning them in the same sentence.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Eli wrote:Someone explain the value of this so-called "respect"? Every season I see some fans getting their noses out of joint because they say the Vikings get no respect. I don't get it.
It's about motivation. A lot of players use these little slights or lack of respect to push them to a higher level. Michael Jordan was famous for this. Aaron Rodgers still feeds off of his draft slip.