Griffin's knee

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Griffin's knee

Post by John_Viveiros »

That buckling of his knee in the fourth quarter was ugly. It looked like he just lacked one of the side ligaments.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Griffin's knee

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Hopefully for him this doesn't turn into a chronic issue. I could see where it could be pretty bad news for him.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Should have been taken out of the game. It was pretty obvious he was totally ineffective after he took that nasty shot near the out of bonds line earlier in the game.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

They said he has to have complete reconstruction of his knee. Ouch.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

That really sucks for Griffin, he seems like a good guy and good teammate. It would be sad if he never comes back from this and this past season was his brief moment in the NFL sun.

Shanahan is in a bad spot, he would get #### on pretty much regardless of how he handled this situation. Pull Griffin and put in a backup during a playoff game? He would get ripped for being "soft" with Griffin and basically throwing in the towel during the playoffs. Keep him in like he did? Get ripped for not taking him out. It's situations like this that make me see how being an NFL head coach can really suck some times. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.