Joe Flacco or Tony Romo?

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

MamaGoThatManAP
Practice Squad

Joe Flacco or Tony Romo?

Post by MamaGoThatManAP »

Yo, was listening to Colin Cowherd today and heard some discussion about Flacco and Romo. I always though Romo could be an elite quarterback but he does a lot of stupid stuff. Do you think the two are even? It would be awesome if we had one of them though, hahaha.
http://www.rubmaps.com -- The Best Professional Massages in Minneapolis
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Re: Joe Flacco or Tony Romo?

Post by John_Viveiros »

I think Romo has more pizzazz. But he has also proven beyond a reasonable doubt that he is an incredibly bad big game qb. As a Vikings fan, I would rather have Flacco.
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

As a Vikings fan smack in the middle of D. Cowboys land, I like Romo right where he is, tucked underneath J Jones' arm! Man I love Jerry Jones as the GM of the Cowboys!

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Flacco and it's not close.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Romo is very overrated. Just like Stafford. People gush all over them but they have done NOTHING but put up large numbers. They have yet to lead their teams anywhere close to a Super Bowl.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Romo is very overrated. Just like Stafford. People gush all over them but they have done NOTHING but put up large numbers. They have yet to lead their teams anywhere close to a Super Bowl.
On the Grantland site, they called Matt Stafford "Stat Padford", because he puts up incredible numbers while leading his team to loss after loss. I smile everytime I think about it.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

John_Viveiros wrote: On the Grantland site, they called Matt Stafford "Stat Padford", because he puts up incredible numbers while leading his team to loss after loss. I smile everytime I think about it.
That is pretty funny :)
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Flacco! I don't think I'd even take Romo over Ponder. The dude puts up the numbers but damn he makes so many bonehead mistakes. And as others have pointed out, he always loses the big games. Whether he's dropping FG snaps or throwing INT's at the end, it's almost enough to make me think he's secretly a Redskins fan. The Vikings find ways to choke bad enough on their own, adding a QB that chokes would just be disastrous. Having said that, Flacco hasn't exactly gotten the job done in the playoffs either. I stop short of labeling him a choker simply because he's always facing guys like Roethlisberger, Manning, and Brady in the playoffs.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh