Black Monday

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Eli
Hall of Famer

Re: Lovie Smith Fired!

Post by Eli »

Cliff wrote:Bad decision by the Bears in my opinion. Injuries have been their main problem when they've fallen apart these last two seasons. Mike Tice have another shot at a head coaching gig there!?
Tice is gone. One and done as OC. Could the Vikes use an assistant TE coach?
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Black Monday

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Valhalla wrote: It wasn't any Tebow circus, the Jets stunk playing Sanchez and Tebow was totally obedient to the Team.

No reason to watch the idiots on ESPN talking about Tebow, Haters gonna Hate.

Jets are getting rid of the General Manager and will probably keep Ryan.
Yes, you are correct sir! I should have put the Media circus that surrounds Tebow for clarification. My bad.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

Norv turner is done, wouldn't mind having him as an oc.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Add Whisenhunt to the list.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

How did Rex Ryan survive? 8-8 season then this debacle when he was making Super Bowl proclamations? Do you know that when you go to Google and type in Rex Ryan the next words are "foot video?" Rex "Foot Video" Ryan goes 14-18 and makes a complete moron out of himself and he stays? WHY!?!

Then you throw on one of the most toxic things that a coach can bring upon his team, a "quarterback" controversy.

Lovie Smith got completely hosed by injuries again. It wasn't Lovie's fault! and the "collapse" of what? Going 3-5 against...

Texans
49ers on the road
Seattle
Vikings
Packers
Vikings
Cardinals
Lions

Does that look like a collapse or a team having to play a bunch of good to great teams with a bunch of injuries on every side of the ball?
Doesn't Texans, Niners, Seattle, 2 games against Minnesota and Green Bay look fairly brutal?
MamaGoThatManAP
Practice Squad

Post by MamaGoThatManAP »

I am actually kind of excited to see where Chip Kelly goes. I don't think he will be that successful of an NFL coach just because he won't have the speed advantage every game. When his teams go up against athletic front lines, it's not a pretty sight. Which vacancy do you guys think is the best fit and which vacancy do you think will actually sign him?
http://www.rubmaps.com -- The Best Professional Massages in Minneapolis
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Reid is already employed again. Chiefs got him.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

MamaGoThatManAP wrote:I am actually kind of excited to see where Chip Kelly goes. I don't think he will be that successful of an NFL coach just because he won't have the speed advantage every game. When his teams go up against athletic front lines, it's not a pretty sight. Which vacancy do you guys think is the best fit and which vacancy do you think will actually sign him?
I'd wager that Kelly stays with the Ducks. Just a hunch.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

The Breeze wrote: I'd wager that Kelly stays with the Ducks. Just a hunch.
Nope. NFL.com front page says Kelly is very close to a deal with the Browns as I type.
Viva la Vikings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Viva la Vikings »

Cliff wrote:Reid is already employed again. Chiefs got him.

I'm surprised he took the gig over Arizona. The Chiefs had a few players and the 1st pick. He stated he could fix Kolb, he gets a top 5 receiver and a solid defense. I don't get it.
Meet at the Quarterback. -Purple People Eaters
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Viva la Vikings wrote: I'm surprised he took the gig over Arizona. The Chiefs had a few players and the 1st pick. He stated he could fix Kolb, he gets a top 5 receiver and a solid defense. I don't get it.
Chiefs pushed Pioli out, so presumably Reid is getting some level of personnel control. Maybe Arizona wasn't willing to give that?
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Cliff wrote: Nope. NFL.com front page says Kelly is very close to a deal with the Browns as I type.
And a reversal of the "Nope."

NFL.com jumped the gun.
Chip Kelly's brief flirtation with the NFL has ended, with Ian Rapoport reporting he'll return to Oregon, disappointing the Eagles and Browns in the process.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Interesting.

Cowboys Defense - TM - Cowboys

Cowboys fired DC Rob Ryan.

Jets beat writer Brian Costello first broke the news. Perhaps he got the surprising scoop from someone close to Ryan's twin brother. Costello advises to forget about a Ryan Brothers reunion, as secondary coach Dennis Thurman has already been promoted to Jets defensive coordinator. Ryan's Dallas defense was among the league's stingiest early in the season before losing several key players to injuries. For his part, Ryan believes he'll be "out of work for like five minutes." It may have been that kind of bravado that helped wear out his welcome in Big D.
Source: Brian Costello on Twitter
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

dead_poet wrote:Interesting.

Cowboys Defense - TM - Cowboys

Cowboys fired DC Rob Ryan.

Jets beat writer Brian Costello first broke the news. Perhaps he got the surprising scoop from someone close to Ryan's twin brother. Costello advises to forget about a Ryan Brothers reunion, as secondary coach Dennis Thurman has already been promoted to Jets defensive coordinator. Ryan's Dallas defense was among the league's stingiest early in the season before losing several key players to injuries. For his part, Ryan believes he'll be "out of work for like five minutes." It may have been that kind of bravado that helped wear out his welcome in Big D.
Source: Brian Costello on Twitter
Sean Lee was sorely missed by Ryan.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Cliff wrote: And a reversal of the "Nope."

NFL.com jumped the gun.

Looks like Kelly changed his mind--ending up with the Eagles. Don't know what he'll do at QB there: keep Vick? Draft Geno Smith? Foles doesn't seem to fit Kelly's typical schemes, as this article points out:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88496 ... hia-eagles