Andy Reid

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Andy Reid

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Why exactly would Philly fire him? Because of two bad seasons? So, his 10 other good ones mean nothing?
To me, firing him wouod be a mistake... they need to rebuild, but should do it with him as the coach.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Turtle Burger
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Andy Reid

Post by Turtle Burger »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Why exactly would Philly fire him? Because of two bad seasons? So, his 10 other good ones mean nothing?
To me, firing him wouod be a mistake... they need to rebuild, but should do it with him as the coach.
I agree. Good, experienced head coaches don't grow on trees. He'll find another HC job pretty easily, and Philadelphia will come to regret letting him go.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Why exactly would Philly fire him? Because of two bad seasons? So, his 10 other good ones mean nothing?
There's a point with any coach where things just get old. The team knows his motivational tricks and they stop working.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

glg wrote: There's a point with any coach where things just get old. The team knows his motivational tricks and they stop working.
Maybe... but do you think he is at that point? I just think when you have been the coach for as long as he is, you are afforded a grace period of a few years to get things back on track..
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Maybe... but do you think he is at that point? I just think when you have been the coach for as long as he is, you are afforded a grace period of a few years to get things back on track..
Oh yeah, he's done. Nothing worked this season. Nothing. He has completely lost any semblance of control with the team and management has done nothing to help. My guess is it will be a relief for him to leave.

And considering how little I care for the Eagles, this makes me incredibly happy.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

This wasn't just one bad season. Last year considering all the hype, was a bad season. This was 13 years of discontent over never winning the Super Bowl capped off with 2 wild card losses, back to back no-playoff seasons, quarterback controversy and a meltdown in just about every aspect of football.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Today is Black Monday, isn't it? What heads are going to roll today? Or will it be quiet because of the holiday?
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Quiet? GM, Head Coach, OC gone in Arizona. I think something like 10 coaches have been fired.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Hunter Morrow wrote:Quiet? GM, Head Coach, OC gone in Arizona. I think something like 10 coaches have been fired.
that post was at 5AM...