Jets and Tebow

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Jets and Tebow

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Why did the Jets trade for Tebow and now decide to dump him after the season? Anyone who thinks the Vikings Front Office is bad, take a look at the Jets.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
joe h
Veteran

Re: Jets and Tebow

Post by joe h »

Won't even use him during garbage time, he may get one more shot next year if a nfl team is dumb enough to invite him to camp, but his nfl career is pretty much over. I just hope the Vikings avoid this cancer.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

The Jets a re a total mess right now ..

they have two guys that are not good at the most important spot on the field QB.

as soon as they brought in Tebow, I was like; okay nightmare season
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Conspiracy Time!

If Tim Tebow worked some o' dat "comeback Christian magic" in the last 3 or 4 games, Ryan would be done. The fans would go ballistic
over being subjected to the Dirty Sanchez for 3 months only for Tebow to come in and get wins.

Ryan stubbornly stood by a pure dud because the alternative of winning some games was just too much to risk.
He chose to eat his balls this year so he could beg to get the job next year rather than risk starting Tebow and losing his job.

That is my read on it and many other's read as well.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

i will take tebow, alex smith, or sanchez over ponder. ponder has regressed. ponder holds the vikings back. vikings would have 10 wins minimum with tarvaris jackson this season.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

Turns out he is a #### quitter. At least Ponder never refused to go back out while having his issues.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Come on it came from someone pretty high up that he backed out, probably Rex. And if he'd just suck it up and admit it he'd be better off. But noooo deny deny deny.

Not a huge fan but the guy got completely shafted by the Jets. What a trashy organization.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

hibbingviking wrote:i will take tebow, alex smith, or sanchez over ponder. ponder has regressed. ponder holds the vikings back. vikings would have 10 wins minimum with tarvaris jackson this season.

Really, You had to hijack another thread to voice your displeasure for Ponder?
We get it. You do'nt like him. Thanks for sharing AGAIN...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

If you hate Tebow now for being benched, rarely used, whatever by the Jets, then you never liked him from the beginning. No harm, but to say he is not a qualified player, or qb for that matter could only be proven on the field. Unless I remember incorrectly, he helped a team win several games last year, including throwing a pretty impressive pass to win a playoff game. I'd like to see him get a starting job with team a, b or c just to see if the "winning" mentality comes back to team a, b or c. Success is partly, no, mainly, attitude and confidence, no matter the industry. The Jets had none after a few games, and it was perpetuated by a coaching staff that absolutely would not bench a qb who was unproductive. I've read that sentiment many times in this forum, but then again, this isn't a Viking topic. It is so odd how many people hate a person for being simply a "good person." Admit it, many non fans of Tebow dislike him just because it feels good to despise goodness. Good luck Mr. Tebow, wherever your career takes you. We could all use a little support from the people around us.

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Tim Tebow had his crank yanked for 4 straight months about being the Number 2 quarterback.

What is so wrong with saying...

"Hey, you said I'm the number 2 guy. Cut the crap already. If I'm the number 2 guy, start me as such.
Sanchez is playing god-awful. Start me as a quarterback, not a novelty act. I'm sick of being football's equivalent to a AAA midget baseball player promotion."

The Jets ruined this guy and turned him into an international joke. He's got every right to pull a Ray Liotta and say "#### you, play me."
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

Who is taking potshots at religion? I don't hate Tebow, and have no problem with him being a fundamentalist. But I do hate what the media and some fans have done by making him a major focus and poster boy for "good" simply because he is a fundamentalist Christian, as if he's the only good person in the NFL. He is a below-average NFL QB that is third string on a joke of a team. Why all the vehement defense of him? I am far more impressed by all the players (Christan or not) who allow their faith and/or goodness and kindness to shine through every day with the way they deal with teammates and the people around them. (see Arian Foster's tribute to Pagano yesterday)

The Jets jerked him around, just like they jerk their fans around every...single... season. Cripes, let Tebow go already. I''m sure he'd relish some privacy again.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Really, You had to hijack another thread to voice your displeasure for Ponder?
We get it. You don't like him. Thanks for sharing AGAIN...
:lol: I don't even care if he wants to bash Ponder but can it at least be a comparison with a QB who is better than Ponder rather than one of the few (Jackson) who is demonstrably worse?
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

fiestavike wrote:Lets be honest. The Tim Tebow Story/Controversy, is about religion.
Really? Since when? That's news to me, anyway. The only thing I've ever read on here in regards to Tebow (or the vast majority) is about his football performance, as it should be.
Religion is certainly in factor in why people dislike Tebow.
I'd say those people are in the distinct minority.
Tebow is a very likeable guy, and frankly its hard to separate that from his religion which informs his values.
That's debatable. I can like/dislike a person without ever knowing their religious affiliation or how devoted (or not) they are. Somebody criticizing Tebow because of his performance on the field probably doesn't know/care about his personal life. Personally, I like him. I think he's a nice guy. But there are plenty of nice people out there I like that aren't that devoted to their religion either, or that's something I'm oblivious to. If his religion is what drives him and helps define who he is...great! But that's not the reason I like him.
Tebow IS politics invading the world of sports.
I find that unlikely. Or at least not to a very high degree.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly