so why did we pass up on rg3 again?

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: so why did we pass up on rg3 again?

Post by dead_poet »

JBrowner47 wrote:Hindsight is 20/20
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
JBrowner47
Rookie

Post by JBrowner47 »

dead_poet wrote:
Well our scouts didn't spot him as well as the Seattle guys did. They put him over a freshly contracted Matt Flynn. Apparently they "got" it.
JBrowner47
Rookie

Post by JBrowner47 »

What bugs me is how the best QB's or the really good ones go by everyone's radar. In 1983 the Vikes had a shot at Dan Marino but got Joey Browner instead. OK, he's my favorite player and possibly the best safety that ever played too. But on the other hand Marino could have given us that Super Bowl at least once. Guys like Kurt Warner who lights up the NFL coming out the arena league or Tom Brady who was a 6th round 199 pick in 2000. All these guys elude us. Can't we one time luck out and land one? It's so frustrating.
FailedtoOpen
All Pro Elite Player

Post by FailedtoOpen »

Sigh, they conformed their entire offense to suit RGIII. Would you honestly expect the Vikings to do the same?
Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

Post by Mercy Percy »

Uhhhh we didnt pass on him. Skins traded up and gave up like 3 1st rounders
The term fan comes from FANatic or fanatical.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

FailedtoOpen wrote:Sigh, they conformed their entire offense to suit RGIII. Would you honestly expect the Vikings to do the same?
They also overpaid for a WR! OMG! and hes old. They aernt going anywhere. Ever.
gbal4
Practice Squad

WOW RG3 is the man !!

Post by gbal4 »

How lucky are the redskins to have such a talent as RG3 !!! :rock:
Infinity
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: WOW RG3 is the man !!

Post by Infinity »

I know right?! Usually the running qb's are not very succesful in this league but rg3 has the best of both worlds. He can throw a dart with great accuracy and when he needs to, he can run like a mad man as well. I wish we were blessed with the privelege of having a guy like him on our team. I see him going very far...
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

JBrowner47 wrote: Well our scouts didn't spot him as well as the Seattle guys did. They put him over a freshly contracted Matt Flynn. Apparently they "got" it.
Yeah even if we drafted Russell he'd probably be sitting #3 on our depth chart...
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:Garcon's not old.
And hes not a young guy either, nor a rookie. Buts its fine to overpay for a TE. Just not a WR.
JBrowner47
Rookie

Post by JBrowner47 »

He took a couple of good shots tonight. I expect this will be his downfall and why his career won't last as long as Luck's. He's an immediate impact QB, in which he will be great off the bat but may fall off once teams get a better look at him. He also is a streaky player too. Watch next week vs the Ravens he throws a stinker. They are 6-6 u know. Same as the terrible Vikings as some here say. Yes I know about the schedule but I don't care. Colts are 8-4 after 2-14 last year. While losing some key players to boot. Luck isn't spectacular like RG3, but he's a consistently great QB who wins games. I tend to go with the QB who wins with seemingly less effort and more regularity than the flashy ones who needs amazing performances to win games.
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

This is a great "Vikings Talk" conversation.

Get this out of here. I don't sign onto this forum to see that nonsense over and over again in a thread all by itself.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

The two RG3 topics were moved and merged.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote:The two RG3 topics were moved and merged.
They should be deleted.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

RG3 is a great ,but is already missing game due to hits .. he will miss the Steeler's game this week. In five to six years Luck will
be in his prime and RG3 will be the next Randall Cunningham in my opinion...

He is taking some huge shots .. you can't do that against guys that 290 and move like wide outs do..
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!