Sean Payton extension voided?

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PotGoblin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Sean Payton extension voided?

Post by PotGoblin »

according to ESPN. things just went from bad to worse as the Saints have voided his contract extension. Thus making him a free agent coach starting next season assuming they don't resign him at a lesser deal.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85922 ... ources-say
Purple Pride till the end.
9man
Transition Player

Re: Sean Payton extension voided?

Post by 9man »

Rumors fly of him going to the cowboys. I would be surprised if the aints don't resign him. :confused:
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

Dumb, there needs to be a bidding war for this guy just to teach the saints a lesson. Since Minnesota was most affected by his antics, Ziggy needs to be a part of it. Make sure the Saints pay double.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

To clarify, the league, not the Saints voided the deal. It was due to a clause saying that Payton could void the deal if GM Mickey Loomis was fired or suspended. League didn't like that clause and tossed it.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

glg wrote:To clarify, the league, not the Saints voided the deal. It was due to a clause saying that Payton could void the deal if GM Mickey Loomis was fired or suspended. League didn't like that clause and tossed it.
I'd love for him to be the coach of the Vikings.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I'd love for him to be the coach of the Vikings.
While the Saints play this year sure is making him look like a genius, it's really been a combination of Payton and Brees that made their offense click. Who are we going to get at QB to be able to implement his schemes?

I doubt he leaves NO. The article mentions that he got permission to work for the Hornets (also owned by Boogie Benson), so he obviously has a strong connection there.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

glg wrote: While the Saints play this year sure is making him look like a genius, it's really been a combination of Payton and Brees that made their offense click. Who are we going to get at QB to be able to implement his schemes?

I doubt he leaves NO. The article mentions that he got permission to work for the Hornets (also owned by Boogie Benson), so he obviously has a strong connection there.
Isn't Brees a FA? Or did he sign? I don't remember.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Brees signed.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly