Bears-Lions

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

vikesfan87
All Pro Elite Player

Bears-Lions

Post by vikesfan87 »

Who would have thought that through six games that Calvin Johnson would only have 1 touchdown catch?
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Bears-Lions

Post by Crax »

How long will it be before Detroit's ST coach is fired?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Crax wrote:How long will it be before Detroit's ST coach is fired?
That clock has to be ticking pretty loudly at this point.

People can (and will) say what they want about Jay Cutler but after seeing the way he bounced back from that nasty sack by Suh, nobody should question his toughness again. That was a legal but brutal takedown. Suh is ridiculously strong.

Apparently, Cutler retained a sense of humor about it. I heard that after the game, when asked about it, he laughed and said that when Suh got his arm on his shoulder, he knew wasn't going to end well.

Regarding Calvin Johnson: Tillman did a great job on him last night but the Bears and Vikings both played a lot of Cover 2 against detroit and they just don't seem to have enough on offense other than johnson to take advantage of it and take pressure off CJ. It sucks because he's on my fantasy team!
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

A few Detroit mistakes completely shot them in the foot. That was a very winnable game for the Lions.

The completions that I saw to Calvin Johnson looked so easy, I'm surprised they didn't throw to him more. You just need to make him come back for the ball or throw to an outside shoulder. He doesn't need to be open. The end zone ball that Tillman broke up was horribly thrown. Toward the back corner and that would have been an easy TD.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Eli wrote:A few Detroit mistakes completely shot them in the foot. That was a very winnable game for the Lions.

The completions that I saw to Calvin Johnson looked so easy, I'm surprised they didn't throw to him more.
They targeted him 11 or 12 times in the game. That's quite a bit.

Jim
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Why is everyone (Brandon Marshall) so up-in-arms on the Suh hit on Cutler? It was a totally clean play that was agressive. It wasn't dirty, IMO at all.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Why is everyone (Brandon Marshall) so up-in-arms on the Suh hit on Cutler? It was a totally clean play that was agressive. It wasn't dirty, IMO at all.
I think Marshall is just about alone in his view (on his team) and his outlook might be skewed just because he and Cutler are close friends. Cutler himself thinks it was a clean play and the rest of the Bears have been quiet about it. I've heard a few fans complain but they seem to be in the minority too. As far as I can tell, most of the people around here just seem to think it was a really aggressive, but perfectly legal, hit.

On the national level... it's something to talk about, especially because they love anything remotely controversial involving those two players.
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Logan is a liability on punt returns... surprised they aren't replacing him
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.