Thursday Night Football = the worst?

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Thursday Night Football = the worst?

Post by NextQuestion »

Some good/intriguing match ups on paper but man all of these games have been a snooze fest. Hopefully Vikings and Bucs can make it interesting. Am I the only one who hates these TNF games?
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Re: Thursday Night Football = the worst?

Post by NextQuestion »

You bring up good points. I just wish the scheduling committee would realize nobody gives a damn about the Jets. They are a classic 3 and out team and thus provide a lot of commercial time. Al Michaels has no place calling good fast paced games.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

NextQuestion wrote:Some good/intriguing match ups on paper but man all of these games have been a snooze fest. Hopefully Vikings and Bucs can make it interesting. Am I the only one who hates these TNF games?
I don't hate them. I didn't see last night's game but I thought the Titans/Steelers game last week was entertaining.

I'd prefer it if next week's game only ends up being interesting to Vikes fans (ie: I hope the Vikes win in a blowout). :)
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Aren't the Thursday night games on NFL network? I don't have that channel.

Hopefully they air on Sunday ticket or I'll miss the Vikings game next week ... but I don't think they do ><;
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote:Aren't the Thursday night games on NFL network? I don't have that channel.

Hopefully they air on Sunday ticket or I'll miss the Vikings game next week ... but I don't think they do ><;

I'm almost certain they do, Cliff. I've never had a Sunday Ticket subscription but the schedule on their site lists the Thursday games, not just the Sunday games:

http://www.directv.com/sports/nfl_schedules
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Cliff wrote:Aren't the Thursday night games on NFL network? I don't have that channel.

Hopefully Jim is right but I don't think they do, just like they don't air any games nationally broadcast in your region.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Seattle vs. San Francisco turned out to be a snorer, but how could that not be considered a prime game going into it? Both teams are certainly in the top half of the NFL, and they're the two that will be competing for the NFC West down the stretch. Even if you were making out a prime time TV schedule today, and not back in April, this matchup would be considered a good one.

The problem with the 49ers is that their offense has played in fits and starts this season. They either burn it up, or fall flat on their faces. Fortunately for the Vikings, they got to see the latter.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Monday night picks some really bad games too...

I thought some of the match ups were good choices
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!