Ray Lewis's season (career?) over

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Ray Lewis's season (career?) over

Post by PurpleMustReign »

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85090 ... s-season
The Baltimore Ravens improved to 5-1 on Sunday but lost way more than they gained as both linebacker Ray Lewis and cornerback Lardarius Webb will miss the remainder of the season, coach John Harbaugh confirmed Monday.

Lewis suffered a "full tear" of his triceps muscle, Harbaugh said while a torn ACL has ended Webb's year.

Webb banged his knee in a first-quarter collision with Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant. Webb remained prone on the field for several minutes before being helped to the sideline.

Meanwhile, Haloti Ngata, the team's best player on the defensive line, suffered a torn MCL in the victory, but is likely to play Sunday against the Texans, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
Well, say what you want about Ray Lewis, but he absolutely was the best LB in the last 10+ seasons. He hit hard, but legally, and he almost certainly was the reason the Ravens have had such a strong defense for as long as I can remember. Hopefully he can recover from this fully, but if he doesn't he had a wonderful career.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
glg
Site Admin

Re: Ray Lewis's season (career?) over

Post by glg »

Valhalla wrote:I've been to Washington DC and across the Potomac, you see Baltimore.
uh, you'd see Arlington Virginia... Baltimore is the other direction
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Valhalla wrote: Thanks for the correction, well, I wouldn't really have my bearings there, I was with a group but really enjoyed Washington DC though I was very limited in where I went over about a week's time. We were in the Crystal City area and did see many of the monuments. etc. White House. But thanks. Noted...

Since I was a kid, I always like the Orioles as a baseball team so it was probably natural to think I was seeing Baltimore but I was wrong, oh well.
Baltimore is about an hour north of DC. If it was that close, there's no way the Nats would have existed. The O's threw a fit as it was.
Turtle Burger
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Turtle Burger »

And he just did that commercial on player safety too. I'm thinking he jinxed himself.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Turtle Burger wrote:And he just did that commercial on player safety too. I'm thinking he jinxed himself.
Does the "Madden Curse" only apply to the player on the cover? (Ray Lewis is in the introduction to the game as he sits in a locker room and delivers a monologue about football in Madden 13 before the main menu).
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!