The Arizona Turnstyles

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

The Arizona Turnstyles

Post by Hunter Morrow »

17 sacks in 2 games is a great way for a 4-0 team to become 4-1. Defense held up its end of the bargain. They had a sack, red zone turnover, no big special teams plays allowed, less than 250 total yards allowed, only 17 points allowed (7 under the league average) but the offensive line allowed Kevin Kolb to get hit or sacked I want to say 23 times last night.

Good defense, crap line. Where have we seen that one?

Kolb is going to get injured or concussed very soon. He's a young guy but he can't take that abuse week in, week out.

I doubt just how "for real" Arizona is. I think they are just every bit as likely to be momentarily hot or lucky than legitimately good.
BGM
Hall of Famer

Re: The Arizona Turnstyles

Post by BGM »

That was a VERY ugly game. Arizona fell to earth in a big way last night. No protection, and when there was, Kolb was throwing terrible passes. The Rams had an impressive game defensively and should not be underestimated. But they also moved the ball very inconsistently.

Just ugh-ly.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

After last night's game I had a quick look at various week 4 Power Rankings. Most had the Cardinals somewhere between at #3 and #5. Oops.

I'm afraid the same fate may await the "surprise" Vikings. On the bright side, both the Cardinals and the Rams remain on the Vikings schedule and both teams looked like hell.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Eli wrote:After last night's game I had a quick look at various week 4 Power Rankings. Most had the Cardinals somewhere between at #3 and #5. Oops.

I'm afraid the same fate may await the "surprise" Vikings. On the bright side, both the Cardinals and the Rams remain on the Vikings schedule and both teams looked like hell.
I didn't see the game but with 9 sacks and only 3 points allowed, how bad could the Rams defense possibly have looked? They must have been doing something right.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Mothman wrote:I didn't see the game but with 9 sacks and only 3 points allowed, how bad could the Rams defense possibly have looked? They must have been doing something right.
They didn't miss many tackles of Kolb, that's for sure.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote: I didn't see the game but with 9 sacks and only 3 points allowed, how bad could the Rams defense possibly have looked? They must have been doing something right.
I only saw the 4th quarter and highlights but it looked like Long and Laurenitis had good games. They lost Amendola to a dislocated clavicle but he should be back by the time they face the Vikings.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Eli wrote: They didn't miss many tackles of Kolb, that's for sure.

LOL!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I was wondering because Arizona seemed lost in camp as to who there QB was going to be and a few other things
and then they win four straight games. Wonder how they will respond to this first loss
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
canadaviking08
Franchise Player

Post by canadaviking08 »

Jared Allen must be licking his chops to play the Cardinals Oline :lol: