Anyone hear what Cutler did?

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

vikesfan87
All Pro Elite Player

Anyone hear what Cutler did?

Post by vikesfan87 »

Mike Tice ( :( ) sought him out for a discussion and Cutler just got up and walked away. What a tool!
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Anyone hear what Cutler did?

Post by Crax »

Well, at least he didn't throw 5 int's I guess. Probably a good move by Tice just to just let it go and talk to him about it later.
Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL
Must be so hard for Mike Tice to not just choke slam Jay Cutler. I bet 20 years ago he would've smoked him.
:rofl:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

vikesfan87 wrote:Mike Tice ( :( ) sought him out for a discussion and Cutler just got up and walked away. What a tool!
:roll:

That is absolutely typical behavior on any NFL sideline. It's essentially a non-story. If it had been any QB other than Cutler (and I think they all have those moments) it would be a non-story.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Mothman wrote:If it had been any QB other than Cutler (and I think they all have those moments) it would be a non-story.
Provided they win, yes. Cutler would be just as much a story as Cam Newton for pouting on the sideline if it was a loss. Winning generally let's you get away with bad behavior.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

They say Tice was having a hard time getting the plays in on time and Cutler was pissed off about it. Mike Tice slow? Nah...
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Mothman wrote: :roll:

That is absolutely typical behavior on any NFL sideline. It's essentially a non-story. If it had been any QB other than Cutler (and I think they all have those moments) it would be a non-story.
You mean if it was a QB that wasn't already known for being a prima donna petulent child it and it was one of only a few if any issues....it would be a non-story.

Instead it's a known headcase who just ignored his offensive coordinator.

Stay classy Cutler.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Eli wrote:They say Tice was having a hard time getting the plays in on time and Cutler was pissed off about it. Mike Tice slow? Nah...
:lol:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I'm glad to see that Siefert plans to let it all rest but I have to say, he was pretty selective in his choices of veteran players and their views. Cris Carter and Mike Golic both dismissed the "incident" this morning on Mike and Mike. Former Bear Tom Waddle did too, adding that things can get very heated on the sidelines during NFL games and that perhaps Cutler did the smart thing by waiting a bit to talk to Tice if he was too frustrated at the moment for the conversation to be productive. It certainly looked disrespectful but Tice and Cutler are both big boys. I'm sure they got past it very quickly.

Cutler reminds of me of Randy Moss in many ways. He's a player who doesn't seem interested in playing the media's games and saying the right thing at all times. He'll speak his mind. He's well-liked by his coaches and teammates but cast as a bit of a villain on a national scale. He has tremendous natural talent but at times, like Randy, he can be his own worst enemy. However, like Randy, he definitely has a charitable side and a sense of humor that's rarely apparent on the national stage. He's genuinely funny on his radio show here in Chicago.

It's interesting that the media latched on to sideline moment in last night's game but I've heard no mention of moments like the one where Cutler was smiling and patting Webb (the very player he childishly bumped in GB) on the helmet, congratulating him for a job well done...

... or maybe it's not that interesting. :)
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

or maybe it's not that interesting.
Or it's just what you expect out of a quarterback and teammate.

He wouldn't show up for this stuff if he didn't keep doing it, and if it was standard operating procedure. I could list...99% of quarterbacks in this league that haven't had issues with violently assaulting ( :wink: ) their offensive linemen, blowing off their offensive coordinators, being soft in the biggest games of their careers.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Mothman wrote:Cutler reminds of me of Randy Moss in many ways. He's a player who doesn't seem interested in playing the media's games and saying the right thing at all times. He'll speak his mind. He's well-liked by his coaches and teammates but cast as a bit of a villain on a national scale. He has tremendous natural talent but at times, like Randy, he can be his own worst enemy. However, like Randy, he definitely has a charitable side and a sense of humor that's rarely apparent on the national stage. He's genuinely funny on his radio show here in Chicago.
I think his big problem is that he's a bit of a sourpuss facially. People read way too much into his expressions. Also, I'm going to guess that he doesn't kiss up to the commentators each week, so they're not giving him any leeway either.

Bill Barnwell at Grantland wrote a good column about him a couple weeks ago. In short, Cutler is a pretty good QB most of the time, but there will be games where he just craps the bed. He's been that guy his entire career and it's not likely to change at this point.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

glg wrote: I think his big problem is that he's a bit of a sourpuss facially. People read way too much into his expressions. Also, I'm going to guess that he doesn't kiss up to the commentators each week, so they're not giving him any leeway either.

Bill Barnwell at Grantland wrote a good column about him a couple weeks ago. In short, Cutler is a pretty good QB most of the time, but there will be games where he just craps the bed. He's been that guy his entire career and it's not likely to change at this point.
I agree and I think you're right about his facial expressions (and probably the commentators) too.
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

Problem is he never lived up to the pre draft hype ESPN gave him, and he has a lousy, blame everyone else, attitude. Fortunately for Cutler, Romo imploded, giving him a reprieve from the commentators this week. I would not be surprised if Chicago ends up trading or releasing him, if they fail to reach the playoffs again.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

glg wrote:I think his big problem is that he's a bit of a sourpuss facially. People read way too much into his expressions.
Cutler's body language is far more telling than his Little Lord Fauntleroy puss.