Go Sea Chickens

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Go Sea Chickens

Post by Juice »

HAHAHAHA WOW.....
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I hate to say it, but the Packers kind of got screwed in a couple of big calls in this one.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

KIND OF got screwed??????????

Sheesh.
A.D_blazing
Transition Player

Post by A.D_blazing »

LMAO
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

:lol: :rofl: :rolling: :lmao:

You think the regular refs will be back soon?
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Eli wrote:KIND OF got screwed??????????

Sheesh.
It's the Packers. I have a hard time saying they definitively got screwed in anything.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

The Packers lose, but that was a bad call. Tate blatantly pushed off, then the Packer DB had the pick, the refs reviewed it, and gave it to Tate. Wow.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

I loved the result, but the Pack were really, really screwed. I realize that there were some bad calls at other times - clearly the Seattle TE was interfered with on the final drive. And the defensive PI that the announcers couldn't see, I saw the defender with a hand full of Sidney's jersey. I think the big issue is that so many of the game results are tainted.

Then again, they aren't getting screwed in an NFC Championship game, when their perfect kicker is roughed after missing his only kick of the year. Gee, I wonder who that happened to...
Last edited by John_Viveiros on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

VikingLord wrote:The Packers lose, but that was a bad call. Tate blatantly pushed off, then the Packer DB had the pick, the refs reviewed it, and gave it to Tate. Wow.
It's amazing, isn't it? The NFL has completely screwed the pooch by allowing this officiating fiasco to go on so long that it reached this point. nearly every game this weekend had serious officiating mistakes in it but this mess is the most egregious of all.
radar55
All Pro Elite Player

Post by radar55 »

I am NOT I repeat NOT anythng close to a Packer backer but I am someone who believes that what is right is right and what just happened to the Packers is the worst call of all time.......worse than the Dallas push off against us to go to the super bowl. These clowns need to go back to what ever it is they do because they certainly dont do this well at all. Pathetic
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I got a towel and some lotion for you Packers HAHA :point:
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Oh my God! They keep saying JOBBED. I didn't make the connection to that talking point but now it is all so clear.
Jobbing is when a wrestler is BOOKED TO LOSE A MATCH. They "do the job." THEY RIGGED THIS AND RUBBED OUR FACES IN IT FOR 15 MINUTES.

Oh yeah. We'll all be talking about this ORGANIZED CRIME RIG JOB.

I'm through with this ####. Vikings games only, and even then I'm streaming them. I'm not giving these pricks the satisfaction of a television view or commercial watching.
me4get
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by me4get »

acousticrock wrote:total bad call.
refs gave seattle the win at the end.
but the packers lost the game during the first 3.5 quarters of horrible play (aka 9 sacks).
i'll take it.
It was called exactly the way the rulebook says, both players had both hands on the ball, when they hit the ground, by rule the catch goes to the offense.
Viking fan since '65
A.D_blazing
Transition Player

Post by A.D_blazing »

Finally,what the NFL and everyone else was fearing happened tonight.The poor officiating made an incomprehensible call that costed a team a victory.

But i'm happy it happened to the packers...lol
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Favorite quote on Twitter:
In the replacement refs' defense, I've always hated the rule that you have to catch the ball to get the touchdown.