Saints can't win when they don't cheat

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Re: Saints can't win when they don't cheat

Post by NextQuestion »

I agree Packers get a handful of calls their way...but dirty...? I dunno. Annoying...oh god yes.

Brees knows he has to win this game otherwise they are pretty much done for Playoffs. ATL is RUNNING away with the south and they better game plan for a tough game. GB is pretty beatable right now but if NO D is going to play like they have been... Say hello to 0-4
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: They attack our players' feet with their groins.
LOL... I see. Bastards.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Mothman wrote: Does that order come from Roger Goodell, the Worshipful Master of the nearest Freemason lodge, the Bilderberg group or a secret cabal of ultra powerful Packer fans?
No, but referees do get orders to look at teams for penalties or not call as many penalties. Like I said, NBA refs attested to this in a court of law on many occasions.
I think refs are told things by higher ups like "Vikings players commit lots of holding penalties in red zone situations" and even when they DON'T the idea is in the ref's heads so they ring the Vikings up on red zone holding penalties because the Vikings "commit lots of them."
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Hunter Morrow wrote:No, but referees do get orders to look at teams for penalties or not call as many penalties. Like I said, NBA refs attested to this in a court of law on many occasions.
I think refs are told things by higher ups like "Vikings players commit lots of holding penalties in red zone situations" and even when they DON'T the idea is in the ref's heads so they ring the Vikings up on red zone holding penalties because the Vikings "commit lots of them."
I think that's considerably different than swallowing their whistles because the league has instructed them to make sure a particular team wins.
hibbingviking
Hall of Famer

Post by hibbingviking »

Hunter Morrow wrote:Green Bay is dirty because they get ALL THE CALLS. When the league wants the Packers to succeed, the refs get orders from on high to swallow the whistle. Packers are perenially tops in the league with offensive penalties, most notable cut and chop blocking and blatant holding, but the year the Packers won the Super Bowl they were the least offensively penalized team in the league.

Riiiight. We've all seen the Packers calling and "America's Team" garbage that ruins games. There was a game recently, Sunday night where...

Packers committed 3 blocks in the back on a long return and it was upheld. League acknowledged this.
Visanthe Shiancoe caught a touchdown and it was waived off after review
Not placing the ball on the 2 yard line on a Packers touchdown
Incorrectly stating that Peterson had not crossed the plane with the football. Sure, we got the touchdown one play afterwards, but still. This is the 4th time now where the refs incorrectly got a call regarding a touchdown that benefited the Packers!
The infamous botched call for Harvin on the touchdown.

Just in one game the Packers benefited 5 times on bad touchdown calls. Of course the league did the CYA and apologized for missing multiple TD calls but hey, too late. Packers already were the beneficiaries of potentially 42 points worth of bad call swing.
dirty refs. :smilevike:
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Mothman wrote: I think that's considerably different than swallowing their whistles because the league has instructed them to make sure a particular team wins.
Either way it doesn't make the Packers a dirty team. The team isn't the one making/ignoring the calls.

As an aside to all this ... believing as you do that the NFL is actively rigging games how do you continue to watch? I just can't imagine it being enjoyable for you if you're looking at it that way.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

1. Not every game is rigged.

2. I'm a rabid pro wrestling fan. just so long as I get a good match I don't care.
I know a 10 billion dollar a year industry wouldn't leave it all to the players. So long as it isn't egregious, like
the Packers/Seattle, 49timeouters/Vikings, DirtyRottenPlayerCripples/Vikings or 2010 Packers/Vikings I don't care.
I feel like I watch enough matches that are "shoot" matches as well. There isn't much point to rigging Vikes/Jags.
This is one of the reasons why I am thrilled this team has no Thursday or Monday Night games. You know the Vikes
usually "job" and lose those matches, especially if they are the road team. Any game that is "good ratings" or has lots of money
potential, I am suspicious of.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

[quote="Hunter Morrow"]1. Not every game is rigged.

2. I'm a rabid pro wrestling fan. just so long as I get a good match I don't care.
I know a 10 billion dollar a year industry wouldn't leave it all to the players.

They have little if any need to meddle at this point. The sport practically sells itself and the stories create themselves. The Super Bowl gets huge ratings and is watched around the world no matter who plays in it.

Jim
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

0-4.

Goodell dat.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018