Anti Packers Gameday Thread

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Re: Anti Packers Gameday Thread

Post by Hunter Morrow »

ARRRRGH
ANTI PACKERS GAME THREAD HAS BEEN A FAIL
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

I jinxed the Bears. Next week will have the GREEN BAY GREATEST TEAM EVER I WANNA EAT FLAPJACKS OFF OF THE CUT MIDRIFT OF RODGERS thread.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

The Packers didn't win this game, the Bears gave it away :roll:
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

lions lose. vikes win. top of the nfc north!

:smilevike:
i'm ready for a beer.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

What's the explanation for why the Bears have a 7th rounder playing left tackle while their second year, 1st round draft pick plays right tackle?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Eli wrote:What's the explanation for why the Bears have a 7th rounder playing left tackle while their second year, 1st round draft pick plays right tackle?
I imagine their front office is like someone like Paris Hilton buying a car. They just want all the flashy technology, spoilers, spinning rims, etc. and not caring if it's the most unreliable car on the lot or if it even has an engine. Of course, the Giants proved last year you don't need a dominant offensive line to get the job done. But it still amazes me they've done so little to upgrade a massive issue.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Eli wrote:What's the explanation for why the Bears have a 7th rounder playing left tackle while their second year, 1st round draft pick plays right tackle?
They think Carimi is best-suited to right tackle. That's the position they drafted him to play and Tice would like to keep him there. If their left tackle position continues to be a huge problem they might eventually try Carimi on the left side but they want to avoid that. I don't think they feel his footwork is good enough to play on the left side.

When Carimi was coming out in the draft, it was widely believed that RT would be his best position in the NFL. For example:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/ ... id=2495132
Though he is ideally suited to play right tackle, Carimi could move inside to guard to fortify the interior of a leaky offensive line.
Carimi was the 2010 Outland Trophy winner as the best interior lineman in college football, and it appears likely that he will have continued success at the next level. Carimi is simply a "bad man" who looks to punish defensive ends on every play. His non-stop motor, coupled with his ideal size, make him a terror in the running game, and he has enough athleticism to hold his own in pass protection. Like all tall linemen, Carimi struggles at times with leverage and may have to make the move to right tackle in the NFL. Overall, Carimi is a beast who should be picked in the middle of the first round.
http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/prof ... ct_id=2416
University of Wisconsin Badgers offensive lineman Gabe Carimi is a highly-regarded prospect that is talented and plays with a mean streak. However, he may not be a true left tackle in the NFL which could ultimately hurt his overall stock. In all likelihood, he will be drafted as a right tackle with the potential to move to the left side later in his career.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Tice is a genius dontcha' know? Har har har.

Guy has no business being OC. But hey keep up the Martz hate. Let's see where Tice gets them. :twisted: