View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Bears or Packers tonight? 
Rookie

Post Bears or Packers tonight?
Who do you want tonight?
I mean, you would say Packers generally or is it just too early to even say anything some would say?

I think we really have a competitive division this year... Perhaps the most in the NFL?
:smilevike:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:30 pm
Defensive Tackle

Post Re: Bears or Packers tonight?
I'll be rooting for the Bears. I would love to see the over-hyped Packers start 0-2

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:31 pm
Hall of Famer

If the Bears could pull this one off it would be HUGE. The Packers losing their first two games of the season, both at home, would be devastating. I'm really looking forward to this game.

I'm waiting a few weeks before passing an opinion on the division. If the Packers flounder, that leaves just the Bears and Lions, either one of which would be a surprise to rate among the top 8 or 10 teams in the NFL.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:39 pm
Franchise Player

I will always root against the packers unless it means vikes making the playoffs with them winning :)

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:03 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

I am pulling for the Bears and expect them to win. If they give Cutler time Marshall and company will make them pay with thier crappy pass defense. The key will be protecting Cutler. I hope that Peppers Asalts Rogers (pun intended) and wipes that smug face off.

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:14 pm
Hall of Famer

I don't think this league, fast approaching Stern level shenanigans, could face the HORROR, the absolute fiduciary HORROR, of the Green Bay Referees going 0-2.

Watch for 3rd and 4th quarter shenanigans. Packers by 8.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:27 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Hunter Morrow wrote:
I don't think this league, fast approaching Stern level shenanigans, could face the HORROR, the absolute fiduciary HORROR, of the Green Bay Referees going 0-2.

Ha Ha I agree ! And someone tell me why the Packers almost always start out with so many home games , year after year?

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:30 pm
Hall of Famer

Lash Man wrote:
Hunter Morrow wrote:

Ha Ha I agree ! And someone tell me why the Packers almost always start out with so many home games , year after year?

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:34 pm
Hall of Famer

I hate to admit it, but I want the Packers to win... gasp! Why? Because with a Vikings win against Indy, the Vikings claim sole possession of first place. And, in what is sure to be a trying season, I will take all the fleeting moments of glory we can get!! :-)

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:39 pm
Hall of Famer

I don't think there will be any glory. We don't even have any thursday or monday games right?

I just hate the Packers but they stomped the Bears. :(

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:50 pm
Hall of Famer

Hunter Morrow wrote:
I don't think there will be any glory. We don't even have any thursday or monday games right?

I just hate the Packers but they stomped the Bears. :(

Being alone atop the Norris? I'll take that glory even for one week. Especially in a rebuilding year.

But then, I'm easy.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:01 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

The Vikes rebuilding or not could seemingly "hang" with either of those teams, who were not at all impressive tonight. The Vikes nearly beat the mighty Packers on their home field last year and I feel as though the Viking's team is head and shoulders better than last year. I have not seen in the first two Packer games any indication that they have improved from last year to this. In fact they lost their last regular season game and then their play-off game (at home) and then lost to the 49ers at home. They are, by all accounts, very beatable.
Ponder could not do any worse than what Cutler did tonight against a very suspect Packer defense. I have more newfound hope. :rock:

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:28 pm
Hall of Famer

Purple bruise wrote:
Ponder could not do any worse than what Cutler did tonight against a very suspect Packer defense. I have more newfound hope.

Were you watching a different game?

The Packer's defense wasn't terribly suspect against the Bears. They had constant pressure on Cutler, sacked him _7_ times and hit him many more, plus they intercepted _4_ passes. If that's suspect, I'd like to see the Vikings' defense become 'suspect'.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:51 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Eli wrote:
Purple bruise wrote:
Ponder could not do any worse than what Cutler did tonight against a very suspect Packer defense. I have more newfound hope.

Were you watching a different game?

The Packer's defense wasn't terribly suspect against the Bears. They had constant pressure on Cutler, sacked him _7_ times and hit him many more, plus they intercepted _4_ passes. If that's suspect, I'd like to see the Vikings' defense become 'suspect'.

Going into the Bear's game the Packers pass defense was suspect. They were DEAD LAST in yards given up and in passing yards last year and in this years first game the 49ers pretty much had their way with them. Moss and Davis both torching them with easy scores and with Gore running around and through them.
Cutler played as poorly as any QB in my recent memory played and the Bear's o-line was awful. All of that pressure and Cutler folded up like a wet noodle. Not to mention Marshall dropping a sure TD pass at a cruical time of the game.
No, I still say that the Packers D is quite suspect and last years stats will prove me right. Even a dogs a-hole gets a little sun once in a while and Cutler and his o-line proved to be that ray of light.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:20 am
Commissioner

It pains me to say it but Clay Matthews and Tramon Williams dominated last night. Thankfully our offensive line is better than that Chicago mess. I still find it odd they refuse to address it. Some of those sacks last night were on Cutler, though. He held onto the ball waaaaay too long. It pleased me to see both QBs on the ground so often. Too bad they both couldn't lose.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:55 am
Defensive Tackle

dead_poet wrote:
It pains me to say it but Clay Matthews and Tramon Williams dominated last night. Thankfully our offensive line is better than that Chicago mess. I still find it odd they refuse to address it.

They keep adding weapons but they're building backwards. As last night showed, if you can't protect the QB, the weapons become pretty useless.

They need a left tackle more than the Vikes did!

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:46 am
Hall of Famer

Turnstyle O-Line with Cutler coverage sacks and getting greedy by not throwing it out of bounds. Ponder's "happy feet" had nothing against Cutler's "moron hands" last night.

If they give that many sacks to Clay Matthews, don't get me wrong, good player, but if they give that many sacks to him, Kevin Williams, Robison and Allen should just have an hour long Meeting At The Quarterback.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:48 am
Career Elite Player

Tice had a horrible game plan. Should have Forte and Bush involved way earlier than they should have been.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:39 am
Strong Safety

Tice did what he did as our coach was out coached and did not adapt to what the other coach was doing at halftime.

Tice was better than Childress though.. because the players played for him..

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]