Packers vs Browns

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2449
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:55 pm
Location: Olympia, Washington

Packers vs Browns

Post by John_Viveiros » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:46 pm

A good game to watch for Vikings fans. The packers look horrendous. If Rodgers gets hurt, the Pack are in line for maybe six wins. And I don't know which defenders are out, but Cleveland's Weedon (didn't he make Buffy the vampire slayer) seems to be able to move up and down the field. Sure it is preseason, but I would start to have some concern if I was Green Bay. It looks like their subs (outside of the wrs) are abysmal.

Harrell has thrown two pick sixes (one called back on offsides) and just got caught for a safety. Don't complain about Webb if you haven't seen this guy play...

32-7 now. I wonder how bad the whipping would have been if it had been an away game.

User avatar
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 989
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:12 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Packers vs Browns

Post by Juice » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:14 pm

I didn't watch the game but Rodgers numbers don't look terrible. It also looks like Jennings and Driver weren't even playing. I won't comment on the D.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett

User avatar
justinkendle
Veteran
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:41 pm
Location: Pennslyvania

Re: Packers vs Browns

Post by justinkendle » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:09 am

I was thinkin the exact same thing earler . If Rodgers goes down, Greenbay beter hope the running game gets going for once.

User avatar
Eli
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7946
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:52 pm

Re: Packers vs Browns

Post by Eli » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:10 am

John_Viveiros wrote:A good game to watch for Vikings fans. The packers look horrendous. If Rodgers gets hurt, the Pack are in line for maybe six wins.
LOL! I said exactly the same thing in another thread. Without Aaron Rodgers, I think six wins would be optimistic. They have some very good receivers, but none of them could rescue the train wreck that is Graham Harrell. He makes Joe Webb look like Joe Montana. If Rodgers goes down, the Packers will immediately be on the phone, whether it's calling someone like Donovan McNabb, who is looking for a job, or someone like the Seahawks, who are looking to dump Tarvaris Jackson.

User avatar
justinkendle
Veteran
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:41 pm
Location: Pennslyvania

Re: Packers vs Browns

Post by justinkendle » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:14 am

Eli wrote: LOL! I said exactly the same thing in another thread. Without Aaron Rodgers, I think six wins would be optimistic. They have some very good receivers, but none of them could rescue the train wreck that is Graham Harrell. He makes Joe Webb look like Joe Montana. If Rodgers goes down, the Packers will immediately be on the phone, whether it's calling someone like Donovan McNabb, who is looking for a job, or someone like the Seahawks, who are looking to dump Tarvaris Jackson.
Maybe they will call Brett Favre up lol jk. There secondary also cant be much worse than the vikings, none of there Dbs really impress me in my view

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24451
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Packers vs Browns

Post by dead_poet » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:21 am

justinkendle wrote: none of there Dbs really impress me in my view
Woodson can still play at a high level. It'll be interesting to see him at safety and how often he's used there compared to CB. They also spent like 6-7 draft picks on defense this year. Hopefully none of them pan out.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

Post Reply