View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Demps wants to play Football 
Fenrir

Post Demps wants to play Football
Quote:
Former University of Florida football and track star Jeff Demps will pursue a career in the NFL.

Quote:
The Olympic silver medalist has signed a standard representation agreement for football, a souce close to Demps said Tuesday, with the goal of playing in the 2012 season. Demps recently returned from London, where he took part in Team USA's 4x100-meter relay heat and earned his hardware.

NFL.com Article

Change of pace back on 3rd down and Harvin wouldn't have to do kickoff duty. I'd take him over Todman/Felton or any of the other RB/FB fodder behind AD and Gerhart. I'm not really sure what his stock looks like right now, maybe he doesn't want to be buried that far down the depth chart but hopefully the Vikes are kicking the tires.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:56 pm
Defensive Tackle

Post Re: Demps wants to play Football
S197 wrote:
Quote:
Former University of Florida football and track star Jeff Demps will pursue a career in the NFL.

Quote:
The Olympic silver medalist has signed a standard representation agreement for football, a souce close to Demps said Tuesday, with the goal of playing in the 2012 season. Demps recently returned from London, where he took part in Team USA's 4x100-meter relay heat and earned his hardware.

NFL.com Article

Change of pace back on 3rd down and Harvin wouldn't have to do kickoff duty. I'd take him over Todman/Felton or any of the other RB/FB fodder behind AD and Gerhart. I'm not really sure what his stock looks like right now, maybe he doesn't want to be buried that far down the depth chart but hopefully the Vikes are kicking the tires.

I hope so. He's certainly worth a look.

Jim

Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:29 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Quote:
Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero
Interesting nugget that just came up on the show -- word is Jeff Demps' agent is asking NFL teams to guarantee the first year of his deal.

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero
If so, Demps has found a unique glitch in the matrix. Tell teams you're done, then pick your home and get equivalent of a 3rd-round bonus.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:54 pm
Commissioner

Pats signed him.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:46 am
Fenrir

dead_poet wrote:
Pats signed him.

Of course they did. Too bad.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:14 pm
Career Elite Player

of course had we ACTUALLY signed him....we'd hear about how it was a stupid move, about how he's a midget-idiot, not even drafted so there is no chance, and our front office is a bunch of ####. :D

i like the signing. could be a good return guy.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:01 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
of course had we ACTUALLY signed him

Our coaches would have penciled him in as a quarterback. :twisted:

Good news for him he'll be in a top rate organization that knows how to coach up talent and get the most out of players. not the opposite.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:14 pm
All Pro Elite Player

vikeinmontana wrote:
of course had we ACTUALLY signed him....we'd hear about how it was a stupid move, about how he's a midget-idiot, not even drafted so there is no chance, and our front office is a bunch of ####. :D

i like the signing. could be a good return guy.

I'm fine we didn't though. Everything I've read has projected him as really just a return guy. With Harvin already when we need him and the other guys on our team, I don't know if we need a return only guy.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:07 pm
Site Admin

I'm surprised nobody took a late 7th round flier on him.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:04 pm
Fenrir

Quote:
Patriots placed KR/RB Jeff Demps (leg) on injured reserve, ending his season.

Demps reportedly felt a "tweak" in his leg late in the preseason finale versus the Giants. Given limited prep time after signing in mid-August, the Olympic silver medalist will be afforded a redshirt year. The move takes an explosive return candidate away from the Patriots D/ST.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:58 pm
Hall of Famer

S197 wrote:
Quote:
Patriots placed KR/RB Jeff Demps (leg) on injured reserve, ending his season.

Demps reportedly felt a "tweak" in his leg late in the preseason finale versus the Giants. Given limited prep time after signing in mid-August, the Olympic silver medalist will be afforded a redshirt year. The move takes an explosive return candidate away from the Patriots D/ST.

I was just looking at New England's roster. They have eight players on IR and another two on the PUP list.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]