View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Chad Johnson arrested on Domestic Voilence Charge. 
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post Chad Johnson arrested on Domestic Voilence Charge.
Quote:
DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — Dolphins receiver Chad Johnson was arrested Saturday on a domestic violence charge, accused of head-butting his newlywed wife during an argument in front of their home outside Miami.

Johnson and his wife, Evelyn Lozada, were at dinner and she confronted him about a receipt she had found for a box of condoms, said Davie police Capt. Dale Engle. The argument got heated and continued on the drive home, he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/chad-johnson-arre ... --nfl.html

Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:39 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Chad Johnson arrested on Domestic Voilence Charge.
Strikes me as a stunt for her reality show that got out of hand

Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:45 am
Hall of Famer

Anyone see the first episode of Hard Knocks? He talked about acting the clown all these years, then had just 15 catches last year, so he claims he's getting serious, and why he changed his name back. Then behaved like a child through the whole episode. Good insight into what coaches have to put up with for some of these guys. I have a feeling that Miami may not tolerate his distractions for long.

Still available to watch online: http://www.hbo.com/hard-knocks/index.html

BTW, if you watch this episode, note the scene where first year head coach Joe Philbin has a talk with Johnson about his use of foul language (in a meeting with the press). Philbin is all buddy-buddy and barely looks Johnson in the eye, then when he goes into a meeting with his coaching staff, he grows a pair and makes the issue seem more serious. I couldn't help but think of Childress here ... completely spineless when it really mattered.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:43 am
Commissioner

Yeah, almost felt bad for the guy. And Johnson came across as a grade A ####. Guy seems completely oblivious to what a dunderhead he's being. (And I remember seeing him on hard knocks before and don't remember the swearing and acting up that bad. Almost feels like it's just an act. The same went for another scene or two where I'm starting to wonder if whoever is putting the show together is starting to create drama instead of how natural it's been in the past)

Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:59 pm
Commissioner

Quote:
@JayGlazer The Miami Dolphins have just released Chad Johnson, scouts cleaned out his locker

He's done.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:28 pm
Hall of Famer

Woohoo. Now the Vikings can go get him. :wallbang:

Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:35 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

dead_poet wrote:
Quote:
@JayGlazer The Miami Dolphins have just released Chad Johnson, scouts cleaned out his locker

He's done.

WOW!!! Good for Miami.
What a tool he is.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Hope Evelyn Lozado was worth it, Chad... :roll:

Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:45 am
Hall of Famer

I have always liked Chad Johnson. Pretty uncharacteristic of him to be arrested. He'll get another chance, it may just take a couple weeks.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:21 pm
Commissioner

I'll admit it, I'm curious.

Quote:
Ratings for HBO's Hard Knocks tonight will be sky high with footage of Joe Philbin meeting with and releasing @ochocinco.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:42 pm
Hall of Famer

chad johnson is an attention whore like his wife. he is just another fool like terrell owens.
cant see how you can prove either way if the headbutt was intentional or accidental. :confused:

Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:15 pm
Commissioner

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
I have always liked Chad Johnson. Pretty uncharacteristic of him to be arrested. He'll get another chance, it may just take a couple weeks.

I thought the same, you have to go back a while, but there was a report a few days ago about an incident his rookie year of college when he punched his girlfriend and had to do some community service or something as well. This kind of stuff just seems ingrained in some people.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:13 pm
Hall of Famer

chad johnson always seemed like he isnt playing with a full deck imo. :confused: doesnt mean he is guilty.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:57 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

hibbingviking wrote:
chad johnson always seemed like he isnt playing with a full deck imo. :confused: doesnt mean he is guilty.

The natural tendency in cases like this is to assume the male is the aggressor and the woman is the victim, but such isn't always the case. Some nasty women realize this and try to exploit it. However, I think Johnson pretty much admitted his guilt when he came out a few days later and apologized.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:33 am
Career Elite Player

i agree. he basically said he did it and i guess i give him credit for manning up. not impressed with this at all but he'll remain one of my favorite guys in football. hate when people say he's such a bad guy when all his antics have taken place on the field and all are in good fun. until now. which is what is so annoying. i hope he gets a shot somewhere.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:07 pm
Hall of Famer

HornedMessiah wrote:
hibbingviking wrote:

The natural tendency in cases like this is to assume the male is the aggressor and the woman is the victim, but such isn't always the case. Some nasty women realize this and try to exploit it. However, I think Johnson pretty much admitted his guilt when he came out a few days later and apologized.

i guess some women figure they can do what ever they want too and the males hands are tied. its a misdeamor anyways i believe. maybe some anger management....for both imo.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]