Bryant Mckinnie

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Bryant Mckinnie

Post by Purple bruise »

Not sure where to post this but since he was a long time Viking I put it here.
Good riddance to the underachieving blob. Things and people do not usually change for long.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... ith-ravens
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Bryant Mckinnie

Post by HornedMessiah »

what a shocker

I'm glad we now have a LT who gives a ####
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Situation "weird".

The Ravens paid him a $500,000 roster bonus in March! :lol:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

The Ravens have informed LT Bryant McKinnie that they want him at 345 pounds at the start of training camp.

McKinnie ended minicamp at 354 pounds, so he's got nine pounds to shed to meet the Ravens' request. He weighed 365 in May. RT Michael Oher practiced at left tackle throughout OTA season, with Jah Reid getting most of the reps on the right side. It's fair to wonder if the Ravens might threaten McKinnie with his release if he doesn't report to training camp at the recommended weight.

Source: baltimoreravens.com
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

He should make that pretty easily. The thing that has to worry the Ravens, though, is McKinnie's obvious lack of commitment to the team and even to playing professional football. It's the same old story with him. You really have to wonder what team's are thinking when they take on a slug like this. That the Vikings put up with him for so many years is one of my (most recent) disappointments with this hapless franchise.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

They are thinking he is a physical freak. I don't like the guy either, but his measurements are genetically superior to play left tackle. Too bad he is such a dink.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

Thought he ate himself out of the league...

For those with wings, fly to your dreams
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I'm shocked.
/sarcasm

Bryant McKinnie - T - Ravens

Ravens LT Bryant McKinnie was absent from the start of training camp due to a vague "issue."

Coach John Harbaugh refused to go into details. McKinnie has a history of showing up out of shape and has also been dealing with lawsuits stemming from a lockout loan last offseason. "Until further notice, (Michael Oher) is the left tackle," said Harbaugh. McKinnie has been placed on the reserved/did not report list.
Source: ESPN.com Jul 26 - 7:06 PM
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

dead_poet wrote:I'm shocked.
/sarcasm

Ravens LT Bryant McKinnie was absent from the start of training camp due to a vague "issue."

Coach John Harbaugh refused to go into details. McKinnie has a history of showing up out of shape and has also been dealing with lawsuits stemming from a lockout loan last offseason. "Until further notice, (Michael Oher) is the left tackle," said Harbaugh. McKinnie has been placed on the reserved/did not report list.

As purple bruise (the OP) said: People do not change for long...

That move (getting rid of McKinnie)is looking more and more like a very smart call by the Vikings despite initial reaction by some of the fans....
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

dead_poet wrote:I'm shocked.
/sarcasm

Damn shame. McKinnie could easily be an All-Pro player if he just tried.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Damn shame. McKinnie could easily be an All-Pro player if he just tried.
His defenders have been saying that for 10 years. He's not that talented. He's always been slow and vulnerable to speed rushers. And when he does "try", he's such a head case that he's never been able to focus every down.

Baltimore is getting exactly what they asked for with this piece of garbage.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Annnnd the decision to drop McKinnie continues to look like a good one.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... line_stack
The Baltimore Ravens and starting left tackle Bryant McKinnie have reached a road block in their attempts to restructure his base salary for 2012, a source in McKinnie's camp said Tuesday.

This leads to the fear that the Ravens will release the veteran, the source said.

NFL Network and NFL.com reporter Albert Breer received a text message from McKinnie that read: "We couldn't come to an agreement on the restructure of my contract, which leads to me being released."
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Cliff wrote:Annnnd the decision to drop McKinnie continues to look like a good one.
Long term, no question. Especially given our rebuilding and the annual headache he brings.

But he's not done. There are plenty of teams in the league desperate for help. San Diego, Arizona and New York (Jets) come to mind.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" #TextsFromBryantMcKinnie
RT from Tom Pelissero
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Pull yr 84 jerseys out.