Rate my team 2016!

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24451
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Rate my team 2016!

Post by dead_poet » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:42 pm

Feel free to post your team here, ask for advice, etc.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24451
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by dead_poet » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:54 pm

Work $ league: 12-team PPR

QB: Tyrod Taylor
RB: C.J. Anderson
RB: Ryan Mathews
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: T.Y. Hilton
TE: Rob Gronkowski
Flex: Michael Floyd
K: A White Guy
Def: Vikings

Bench: Andy Dalton, Jordan Matthews, Tyler Lockett, Justin Forsett, Devontae Booker, Christine Michael, Dwayne Allen

Evaluation: Not thrilled about my QBs (RGIII, Tannehill, Prescot all available), or RBs, but the good WRs kept falling and I had to jump on board. I feel pretty good about my TE (obviously) and WRs. I feel like my bench is pretty deep with some high-potential guys. Overall I'm not thrilled but it could be worse. We'll see what happens with Mathews and Anderson.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11287
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by S197 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:01 pm

Since its PPR your strategy makes sense. I'm a bigger fan of Dalton than most and think he'll be your starter most weeks. RBs could use upgrade but that's tough in a 12 man.

Did Elliot fall now that Romo is injured?

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24451
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by dead_poet » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:22 pm

S197 wrote:Since its PPR your strategy makes sense. I'm a bigger fan of Dalton than most and think he'll be your starter most weeks. RBs could use upgrade but that's tough in a 12 man.

Did Elliot fall now that Romo is injured?
No. Why would Elliot fall? If anything he'll probably get even more work. Unless you meant Dez?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11287
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by S197 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:31 pm

dead_poet wrote: No. Why would Elliot fall? If anything he'll probably get even more work. Unless you meant Dez?
No I meant Elliot, without Romo I think the defenses can key on him even more. Plus he's ranked awfully high for someone whose unproven. Don't get me wrong, I think he's going to do well but some of the guys he's ahead of... Yeah I don't know I pull the trigger on him in the 1st.

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11287
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by S197 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:32 pm

Is Terrance Wallace avail in your league?

User avatar
thatoneguy
Backup
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by thatoneguy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:28 pm

10-team 1/2 PPR league. It's a keeper league so I got to keep L. Bell (5th rd), D Hopkins (15th rd), and D. Freeman (17th rd). Am I blinded because it's my team or is this team amazing?

QB - Eli Manning
RB - L. Bell
RB - D. Freeman
WR - D. Hopkins
WR - B. Marshall
TE - J. Witten
FLEX - L. Mccoy
K - B. Walsh
DEF - Arizona

Bench
WR - J. Edelman, D. Baldwin, M. Crabtree, L. Fitzgerald
RB - DeAngelo Williams, J. Forsett, C. Sims
TE - Tyler Eifert
"This team makes me drink" - Any Minnesota sports fan

User avatar
thatoneguy
Backup
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by thatoneguy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:31 pm

dead_poet wrote:Work $ league: 12-team PPR

QB: Tyrod Taylor
RB: C.J. Anderson
RB: Ryan Mathews
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: T.Y. Hilton
TE: Rob Gronkowski
Flex: Michael Floyd
K: A White Guy
Def: Vikings

Bench: Andy Dalton, Jordan Matthews, Tyler Lockett, Justin Forsett, Devontae Booker, Christine Michael, Dwayne Allen

Evaluation: Not thrilled about my QBs (RGIII, Tannehill, Prescot all available), or RBs, but the good WRs kept falling and I had to jump on board. I feel pretty good about my TE (obviously) and WRs. I feel like my bench is pretty deep with some high-potential guys. Overall I'm not thrilled but it could be worse. We'll see what happens with Mathews and Anderson.
I agree with your evaluation other than your take on your QBs. I think Taylor is solid and if he gets hurt you have Dalton who IMO is solid also. Both are going to get you solid points week in week out. I think the RBs could end up working out. I don't know why but I'm high on Forsett having a good year this year so it could end up well if I'm right haha.
"This team makes me drink" - Any Minnesota sports fan

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11287
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by S197 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:21 pm

thatoneguy wrote:10-team 1/2 PPR league. It's a keeper league so I got to keep L. Bell (5th rd), D Hopkins (15th rd), and D. Freeman (17th rd). Am I blinded because it's my team or is this team amazing?

QB - Eli Manning
RB - L. Bell
RB - D. Freeman
WR - D. Hopkins
WR - B. Marshall
TE - J. Witten
FLEX - L. Mccoy
K - B. Walsh
DEF - Arizona

Bench
WR - J. Edelman, D. Baldwin, M. Crabtree, L. Fitzgerald
RB - DeAngelo Williams, J. Forsett, C. Sims
TE - Tyler Eifert
Yup looks good although starting off with Bell and D. Freeman helps a ton! Sounds like you had a great draft last year. I think Baldwin and Crabtree will have a good year.

User avatar
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1915
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:28 am
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by PurpleHalo » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:27 am

10 team standard

QB- Blake Bortles
WR- Dez Bryant
WR- Keenan Allen
WR- Donte Moncrief
RB- Ezikiel Elliott
RB- Devonta Freemon
TE- Coby Fleener
K- Chandler Catanzaro
DEF- Kansas City

Bench
QB- Phillip Rivers
WR- Josh Gordon
WR- Tavon Auston
RB- Melvin Gordon
TE- Dwayne Allen
DEF- Pittsburgh

Wasn't happy taking Cowboy WR / RB. But BPA was in play. I might try to unload Dez for Allen Robinson and have two QB WR combos, which I love. Might wait, and hope Dak Prescot plays well week 1.
Last edited by PurpleHalo on Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
This space available for rent.

User avatar
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1915
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:28 am
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by PurpleHalo » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:28 am

12 team $100 league drafts today stay tuned. I have 1st pick.
This space available for rent.

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24451
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by dead_poet » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:16 am

PurpleHalo wrote:10 team standard

QB- Blake Bortles
WR- Dez Bryant
WR- Keenan Allen
WR- Donte Moncrief
RB- Ezikiel Elliott
RB- Devonta Freemon
TE- Coby Fleener
K- Chandler Catanzaro
DEF- Kansas City

Bench
QB- Phillip Rivers
WR- Josh Gordon
WR- Tavon Auston
RB- Melvin Gordon
TE- Dwayne Allen
DEF- Pittsburgh

Wasn't happy taking Cowboy WR / RB. But BPA was in play. I might try to unload Dez for Allen Robinson and have two QB WR combos, which I love. Might wait, and hope Dak Prescot plays well week 1.
Stacked. You just won your league.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1915
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:28 am
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by PurpleHalo » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:49 pm

Okay heres my 12 team $100 buy in. Yahoo ranked me as draft winner with an A grade.

QB- Blake Bortles
WR- Antonio Brown
WR- Amari Cooper
WR- Donte Moncreif
RB- LeSean McCoy
RB- Melvin Gordon
TE- Martellus Bennett
K- Chandler Catanzaro
DEF- Vikings

Bench

QB- Matthew Stafford
WR- John Brown
WR- Laquon Treadwell
RB- Arian Foster
TE- Eric Ebron
DEF- Cincinnati

I was shocked in such a savvy league, John Brown lasted until the 8th round, 3 rounds after his teammate Michael Floyd. Or that I snatched TE Bennett in round 11.
This space available for rent.

User avatar
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1915
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:28 am
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by PurpleHalo » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:01 pm

thatoneguy wrote:10-team 1/2 PPR league. It's a keeper league so I got to keep L. Bell (5th rd), D Hopkins (15th rd), and D. Freeman (17th rd). Am I blinded because it's my team or is this team amazing?

QB - Eli Manning
RB - L. Bell
RB - D. Freeman
WR - D. Hopkins
WR - B. Marshall
TE - J. Witten
FLEX - L. Mccoy
K - B. Walsh
DEF - Arizona

Bench
WR - J. Edelman, D. Baldwin, M. Crabtree, L. Fitzgerald
RB - DeAngelo Williams, J. Forsett, C. Sims
TE - Tyler Eifert
Thats pretty strong, drop Forsett for Tevin Coleman, word is they want Coleman to have the job in Atlanta.
This space available for rent.

User avatar
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1915
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:28 am
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Re: Rate my team 2016!

Post by PurpleHalo » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:08 pm

dead_poet wrote:Work $ league: 12-team PPR

QB: Tyrod Taylor
RB: C.J. Anderson
RB: Ryan Mathews
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: T.Y. Hilton
TE: Rob Gronkowski
Flex: Michael Floyd
K: A White Guy
Def: Vikings

Bench: Andy Dalton, Jordan Matthews, Tyler Lockett, Justin Forsett, Devontae Booker, Christine Michael, Dwayne Allen

Evaluation: Not thrilled about my QBs (RGIII, Tannehill, Prescot all available), or RBs, but the good WRs kept falling and I had to jump on board. I feel pretty good about my TE (obviously) and WRs. I feel like my bench is pretty deep with some high-potential guys. Overall I'm not thrilled but it could be worse. We'll see what happens with Mathews and Anderson.
Dez might be a target monster this year, as Dak may lock onto him. Not a fan of TY in ppr, rather have Moncrief. Not a bad team tho, Tyrod is Cam Newton lite. Is McKinnon available? If so dump Forsett for him. Bradford new to the offense, and a bad line, might lend itself to quick passes to RBs in certain games.
This space available for rent.

Post Reply