Hartline or Garcon in flex?

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Hartline or Garcon in flex?

Post by dead_poet »

I'm going back and forth.

Hartline vs. Cincy (Hall may be back)
Garcon vs. Atlanta (stout defense, not 100% but should be a shootout).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Hartline or Garcon in flex?

Post by Juice »

I'd go Hartline. He gets more targets too.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Juice wrote:I'd go Hartline. He gets more targets too.
I don't know about the targets thing. Garçon was a target animal in week 1 before he went down. I'm a little nervous about Leon Hall returning and Bush being the offensive focal point. I don't see Tannehill throwing the ball 40-50 times today. Garçon won't be on a snap count.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Juice
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Juice »

:lol: I should have said more receptions. Anyway, I still think I would go with Hartline. Garcon kind of had a freak score last week and isn't 100 percent according to Rotoworld. Plus, they said there's a good chance of rain in Washington.

I can see the case for Garcon though too.
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder than you. Guess what? I'm that someone." -Kevin Garnett
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Garcon is a bum and I explicitly cut him for Michael Crabtree, who has been pure money in my PPR league.

I honestly was in this same situation. I was disappointed with Hartline's 9 pointer but it was more than Garcon has ever done since week 1.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Hunter Morrow wrote:Garcon is a bum and I explicitly cut him for Michael Crabtree, who has been pure money in my PPR league.

I honestly was in this same situation. I was disappointed with Hartline's 9 pointer but it was more than Garcon has ever done since week 1.
I'm still sticking with Garcon, but I'll be more cautious when inserting him into my lineup as a flex (especially with the injury not fully healed and a questionable RGIII). What he did in 1 quarter while healthy was spectacular. He's the primary read/target in Shanny's explosive offense with a pretty darn good QB looking his way often. A guy like Crabtree wasn't available in my league, but I did just scoop up Nicks from the wire. Whenever he's playing, you can bet he'll be in my lineup.

With Brandon Marshall on a bye next week my receiving options are now: Julio (obvious start), Garcon, Hartline & Nicks. I'd love to go Julio and Nicks, but that may be optimistic depending on Nicks' status in a tough matchup. On the wire: Britt, Wright, Burleson, Young, Blackmon, Little.