Wk1 2012 Ryan vs Cutler?

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

GoldenBear91
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Wk1 2012 Ryan vs Cutler?

Post by GoldenBear91 »

I was just wondering what people thought, should I even consider Cutler a starter over Ryan? I live near Chicago so I have been absorbing some of the Bears cool-aid that has them getting to a superbowl and Cutler leading the charge.
Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Wk1 2012 Ryan vs Cutler?

Post by Cliff »

I think you probably start Ryan most weeks unless Cutler has an obviously easy match up. That might actually be the case in Week 1. I like Cutler against the Colts ... on the other hand, Ryan is playing KC and they aren't exactly great either.

Yahoo is projecting Matt Ryan for 20 pts and Jay Cutler for 17. I don't think you'll see much of a difference in production between these two this week.

I'd start Ryan.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I'd start Ryan too. Pass-first offense against a KC defense that might be without their top DB. Lots of weapons (more in the pass game than running game). Bears game could be more of a blowout, leading to a lot of Bush/Forte in the second half, limiting Cutler's pass attempts. I look for Brandon Marshall to have a solid game, though. This isn't a Tom Brady vs. Mark Sanchez points discrepancy. They should be pretty close but I see Ryan coming out ahead.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
GoldenBear91
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by GoldenBear91 »

I ended up sticking with Ryan, which has worked out awesome. We'll see if Ryan keeps it up...