F-ed up money league draft

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

F-ed up money league draft

Post by dead_poet »

Wow. Glad I did about 30 mocks. Fat load of good they did me.

QB: Cam Newton
RB: McFadden
RB: Bradshaw (bastard scooped up Martin right before me)
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Jody Nelson
TE: Gates
Flex: Eric Decker
Defense: Eagles
K: Bailey

Bench

Torrey Smith
David Wilson
Steven Ridley
Andrew Luck
Titus Young
Kyle Rudolph
Kendall Hunter
Kendall Wright
Brandon LaFell

Analysis: I'm beyond pleased with my WRs. That's about all I can say. TE is okay, assuming hype surrounding Gates is accurate and he has one more good year in him. RBs are weak. I really don't like Bradshaw at all, but I'm covered with Wilson, should he go down with injury or if there's a changing of the guard. I'm betting a lot that McFadden stays healthy for the whole season. Cam scares the dickens out of me and RGIII was locked up before my turn so I'm backing him up with Luck. Not great.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Cliff
Site Admin

Re: F-ed up money league draft

Post by Cliff »

I can't believe Cam Newton scares you so much and you want RGIII so bad. Newton might not repeat last years numbers but he'll be up there. I feel really good about him but then again the league I'm in scores passing TDs as 4 and Rushing TDs as 6 so Cam Newton is particularly good for me lol

I've also got Gates who makes me kind of nervous. I'm really hoping Rudolph does something this season so I can start him instead and maybe trade Gates lol

I like your WR and Flex.

Definitely not huge on Bradshaw. McFadden needs to have a good year for you. However, I think you're so deep at WR you might be able to improve your RB situation via trade.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: F-ed up money league draft

Post by dead_poet »

Cliff wrote:I can't believe Cam Newton scares you so much
I suppose part of me thinks last season was a fluke, possibly because I didn't really follow him at all. Now he's my starting QB. He's a threat for TDs as much as injury, too, but that's no different than any other QB I suppose. What really makes me nervous is Steve Smith's foot injury (staph infection I believe). Newton can't afford to lose him for any length of time. I guess I see him (and a couple of others on my team) as boom-or-bust types. Which makes for nerve-wracking weeks.
and you want RGIII so bad.
I just think he has/had great value where he was selected (his ADP). But he went much higher than I'd ever seen him drafted in my mocks. I just think he has tremendous upside and would've loved him on my bench. As it stands, I have Luck, who isn't awful. But not starting material when I'm going up against the likes of Vick, Brees, Brady, Rodgers.
Newton might not repeat last years numbers but he'll be up there. I feel really good about him but then again the league I'm in scores passing TDs as 4 and Rushing TDs as 6 so Cam Newton is particularly good for me lol
That's the same in our league. Can Cam replicate those rushing TDs? I feel a little better about the pick, given that it seems you watched him play more than I have. Some "experts" have said it's only a matter of time before he's drafted #1 overall. By that measurement maybe I stole him in round 2.
I've also got Gates who makes me kind of nervous.
Me too. Last year was rough for him. But everything out of camp and the media suggests he's been great and faster than many have seen him in quite some time. He's GOT to stay healthy. With no Vincent Jackson, he may see more targets. I'm hoping he's Rivers' #1 target (particularly if Rivers' arm strength continues its decline he may have to rely more on shorter passes...to Gates!).
I'm really hoping Rudolph does something this season so I can start him instead and maybe trade Gates lol
You and me both. The potential is there. That's all you can ask for in a late-round flier.
I like your WR and Flex.
I'm still trying to figure out how I got Julio AND Jordy Nelson. To me, that's kind of absurd. And "backing" them up with Decker and Torrey Smith? My only problem is figuring out which three studs to play each week.
Definitely not huge on Bradshaw. McFadden needs to have a good year for you. However, I think you're so deep at WR you might be able to improve your RB situation via trade.
Yeah, I think my year hinges on Newton and McFadden. I've been looking for trade possibilities. There's one guy that has MJD, McCoy and Steven Jackson (WRs are fairly weak: Wallace, Demarius Thomas, Lance Moore, Randy Moss, Sidney Rice). I might see if I can do like Torrey Smith or Decker for Steven Jackson (or MJD if the guy keeps holding out, which should decrease his value).
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly