Defense Help -- Week 15

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Defense Help -- Week 15

Post by dead_poet »

I'm befuddled. I don't really have a "stud" defense on one league and could use your expertise. I'm not playing Denver vs. NE but am keeping them around for Buf and KC if I make it to the next round.

Currently I picked up NYG at home vs. the turnover-prone Rex Grossman and the Redskins but am having second thoughts. Despite JPP's dominance, the Giants have a leaky secondary and really give away yards and points. Other possible options out there:

Det vs. Oak (Suh back, no McFadden and Palmer has been turnover-prone and likely will need to throw to keep pace)
Atl vs. Jac (Gabbart)
Ten vs. Indy (It's Indy...plus they get Jac the following week)
Ari vs. Cle (Senaca Wallace in place of Colt)
Phi vs. NYJ (Eagles scored 21 vs. Miami last week)

Thoughts?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Re: Defense Help -- Week 15

Post by purple guy »

Im in the same boat, I have Denver, but I picked up Philly, had the Titans been available, I would have picked them up for this week, Indy is bad. Atlanta is a decent match up too, more so than the NYG vs Washington, IMO. The NYG are just too hot cold, but if you get them on a "hot" week, you'll be happy! If it were me Id go
1. Titans
2. Atlanta
3. NYG
4. Philly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

purple guy wrote:Im in the same boat, I have Denver, but I picked up Philly, had the Titans been available, I would have picked them up for this week, Indy is bad. Atlanta is a decent match up too, more so than the NYG vs Washington, IMO. The NYG are just too hot cold, but if you get them on a "hot" week, you'll be happy! If it were me Id go
1. Titans
2. Atlanta
3. NYG
4. Philly
What are your thoughts with Detroit? Most rankings have them listed the highest.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
purple guy
Hall of Famer

Post by purple guy »

dead_poet wrote: What are your thoughts with Detroit? Most rankings have them listed the highest.
I personally wouldnt start them in fantasy. This week might be an OK match up since Palmer likes to throw picks and Suh will likely be pissed. Defensive and TE match ups are the hardest for me to get right. RBs, QBs, WRs seem easier, not sure why. So if I think Detroit is a bad start, they'll likely light it up, lol. Thats how it was for my team, consistently started the wrong DST and TEs. :wallbang: