What WRs do I play in week 8?

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

What WRs do I play in week 8?

Post by NextQuestion »

I have Vincent Jackson, Eric Decker, Torrey Smith (bench dude), Michael Jenkins

(Julio Jones, and Plaxico Burress on bye week)

obviously start Vinny Jackson but I need 2 more.
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Bill Carson
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: What WRs do I play in week 8?

Post by Bill Carson »

Go with Torrey Smith and.....Decker. Or put Jenkins in for Decker if you're feelin the Ponder love!

I just dropped Decker myself, but sounds like he's developing some double move timing with Tebow at practice this week. Denver is playing the Lions though, so could be tough going.

Carolina is middle of the pack against the pass, but Harvin might be limited/out, and of course BB is gone so that leaves the young receivers, Jenkins, and Shiancoe. Jenkins could get one.

Changed my mind, Torrey Smith and Jenkins!! :thumbsup:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

NextQuestion wrote:I have Vincent Jackson, Eric Decker, Torrey Smith (bench dude), Michael Jenkins

(Julio Jones, and Plaxico Burress on bye week)

obviously start Vinny Jackson but I need 2 more.
That's a tough call. I'm leaning Smith and Jenkins. Smith gets a + matchup vs. the putrid Arizona secondary. Jenkins has shown some life this season and Ponder will need SOMEBODY to throw to other than Shiancoe and Harvin (assuming Harvin is on the field more more than half of the offensive snaps). Decker is a wild card with Tebow under center. He didn't get targeted all that much last week. I don't trust Tebow with anybody other than Demaryius Thomas yet.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Decker is the #1 guy though and Joe Flacco had a tremendously horrible week against Jacksonville. What makes me think he'll slay Arizona?
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
thor
Veteran

Post by thor »

NextQuestion wrote:Decker is the #1 guy though and Joe Flacco had a tremendously horrible week against Jacksonville. What makes me think he'll slay Arizona?
Jacksonville was the #8 D going into that game, and I think Decker mabe falling off a bit with the emergence of Damarius Thomas. Who was there first round draft pick last year, and played for the first time this year, last week. I'd probably go with the homer in Jenkins, but it's kind of a toss up with the other two. Decker hasn't done anything with Tebow and Smith hasn't shown any consistancy, but Arizona is bad against the pass except when they play the Vikings.