Thoughts on this trade offer

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Thoughts on this trade offer

Post by dead_poet »

Receive: Jimmy Graham
Send: Dwayne Bowe

Current WRs: Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, DeSean Jackson, A.J. Green, Victor Cruz, Greg Little
Current TEs: Gates, Gronkowski, Hernandez

We play 1 TE but 2 WRs (I play 3 with one in my Flex).

I'm having a hell of a time deciding on a TE each week. Gates has been maddening with his injury history and only starting two games this season. Gronkowski has been my best bet but he shares the love with Hernandez, which negates both of their values a bit. Plus, it's impossible to figure out who will come out ahead. Graham would be a pretty consistent play any week, allowing me to deal some other TEs and stop the madness. Unfortunately we can't keep 4 TEs on the roster so I'd need to get rid of one first. I think if I can deal Gates or Hernandez for a RB (I think I'd target Bradshaw, CJ or Daniel Thomas) I'll make the trade.

Thoughts?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Re: Thoughts on this trade offer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

dead_poet wrote:Receive: Jimmy Graham
Send: Dwayne Bowe

Current WRs: Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, DeSean Jackson, A.J. Green, Victor Cruz, Greg Little
Current TEs: Gates, Gronkowski, Hernandez

We play 1 TE but 2 WRs (I play 3 with one in my Flex).

I'm having a hell of a time deciding on a TE each week. Gates has been maddening with his injury history and only starting two games this season. Gronkowski has been my best bet but he shares the love with Hernandez, which negates both of their values a bit. Plus, it's impossible to figure out who will come out ahead. Graham would be a pretty consistent play any week, allowing me to deal some other TEs and stop the madness. Unfortunately we can't keep 4 TEs on the roster so I'd need to get rid of one first. I think if I can deal Gates or Hernandez for a RB (I think I'd target Bradshaw, CJ or Daniel Thomas) I'll make the trade.

Thoughts?
Ouch... Jimmy Graham is going off. Bowe has started to pick up productivity as well... Tough call, but, I think you should highly consider it.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Ouch... Jimmy Graham is going off. Bowe has started to pick up productivity as well... Tough call, but, I think you should highly consider it.
I know. It's not an easy one. The question is: do I think the points gained by signing Graham will be greater than the points lost by trading Bowe? I might try and counter with Marshall. I'm not very high on him after the QB switch, even though the Dolphins will be down early and often and will be forced to throw a lot.

I'm going to hold on this and see if I can't trade any of my other TEs first. I'll even put up Gates. Maybe I can get something for him before he gets injured again.

Thanks for the input. Anybody else?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
thor
Veteran

Post by thor »

dead_poet wrote: I know. It's not an easy one. The question is: do I think the points gained by signing Graham will be greater than the points lost by trading Bowe? I might try and counter with Marshall. I'm not very high on him after the QB switch, even though the Dolphins will be down early and often and will be forced to throw a lot.

I'm going to hold on this and see if I can't trade any of my other TEs first. I'll even put up Gates. Maybe I can get something for him before he gets injured again.

Thanks for the input. Anybody else?
I would definately try and trade one or two of your TE's if you can play only one, two at the most. Being you have those three, I wouldn't make the trade without moving one the TE's. Out of those I like Hernendez the best. With Graham you have the abillity to have one of them as a great flex play.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

thor wrote:I would definately try and trade one or two of your TE's if you can play only one, two at the most. Being you have those three, I wouldn't make the trade without moving one the TE's. Out of those I like Hernendez the best. With Graham you have the abillity to have one of them as a great flex play.
Yeah, I'm actively trying to find a trade partner.

The worst part is that we can only play 1 TE. Flex is reserved for RB/WR only. I have this many (good) ones on my roster in part as a defensive play to keep them out of my opponents' lineups. But I really, really want to move at least one of them (preferably two). Actually, I like Hernandez the least out of the three. Gronk is the most consistent, plays a few more snaps/game and is a bit more reliable. But at any given time Hernandez could be the one going for 6 rec. 100+ yards and a score or two. That's the maddening part. I don't want to have to think/guess about it. I'd love to just play Graham and be done with it (getting some decent players in trade if at all possible).
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Another one popped up.

Send: Bowe
Receive: Graham