Opinion on who to start

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

Captain
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Opinion on who to start

Post by Captain »

I have Matt Shaub, who over the last 3 years has given me solid production but seems to be in a funk and is going up against Titans. I dropped Kolb this week and picked up Ponder becasue someone picked up Tebow a second before i did. I am heavily considering starting Ponder, i know i'm a vikings fan so that may play a part in it, but he is going up against the Pack who have struggled in the secondary and give up yards, especially to untested young players (see Cam Newton). Last week I also saw our team perk up and play with some intensity and we actually moved the ball, so who would you go with?
thor
Veteran

Re: Opinion on who to start

Post by thor »

Captain wrote:I have Matt Shaub, who over the last 3 years has given me solid production but seems to be in a funk and is going up against Titans. I dropped Kolb this week and picked up Ponder becasue someone picked up Tebow a second before i did. I am heavily considering starting Ponder, i know i'm a vikings fan so that may play a part in it, but he is going up against the Pack who have struggled in the secondary and give up yards, especially to untested young players (see Cam Newton). Last week I also saw our team perk up and play with some intensity and we actually moved the ball, so who would you go with?
Shaub is the safer play, but you could take a chance. I'd like to think Ponder will be one of the top QB's, but I really doubt that it will happen.
Captain
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Opinion on who to start

Post by Captain »

well thats my thinking, Schaub will give me that definite 15 odd points. Ponder could go big and give me the 25 or could bust at 10 or so. Given my match up tomorrow those 10 or so extra points that Ponder could possibly give me that little edge that i need. I guess i'll decide last minute how daring i am.