Would you trade for Ryan Fitzpatrick?

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24614
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Would you trade for Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Post by dead_poet » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:52 pm

Current QBs: Big Ben, Jay Cutler, Sam Bradford. Attempting to drop Bradford and add Eli Manning, who is on waivers.

I'd have to give up Cutler and either Hightower or A.J. Green. Or both. I don't think I can pull the trigger if it's for both. If it IS for both, I'd probably ask for Devery Henderson in return.

Thoughts?
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
Cliff
Site Admin
Posts: 8544
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Would you trade for Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Post by Cliff » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:37 am

I'd wait to see what happened with Manning first. Him and Fitzpatrick aren't that far away from each other fantasy points wise and Manning usually puts up good numbers against Arizona.

Trading Hightower and/or Green would suck.
0 x

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24614
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Would you trade for Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Post by dead_poet » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:31 am

Cliff wrote:I'd wait to see what happened with Manning first. Him and Fitzpatrick aren't that far away from each other fantasy points wise and Manning usually puts up good numbers against Arizona.

Trading Hightower and/or Green would suck.
Got Manning. I just hate not having a top flight QB. Fitzpatrick is averaging 25 points/game. Manning is at 22, Cutler at 21 and Ben at 18. I think I have to start Manning at Arizona. He hopefully will have Manningham, Nicks and Cruz as his top 3 weapons and Arizona's secondary is pretty bad. You're probably right that the asking price for Fitzpatrick is likely too high for the return I'd be getting.
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
Cliff
Site Admin
Posts: 8544
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Would you trade for Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Post by Cliff » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:32 am

dead_poet wrote: Got Manning. I just hate not having a top flight QB. Fitzpatrick is averaging 25 points/game. Manning is at 22, Cutler at 21 and Ben at 18. I think I have to start Manning at Arizona. He hopefully will have Manningham, Nicks and Cruz as his top 3 weapons and Arizona's secondary is pretty bad. You're probably right that the asking price for Fitzpatrick is likely too high for the return I'd be getting.
The difference between Manning and Fitzpatrick is 3 points per game.

What's the difference in production between Hightower and who you would have to replace him with? What about Green?

It just doesn't seem worth it to me for that 3 point-per-week difference but depending on who your backups are, it might be. Still ... depth is pretty important in most fantasy leagues, you never know when someone will be injured.
0 x

User avatar
thor
Veteran
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:21 am
Location: Delaware

Re: Would you trade for Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Post by thor » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:00 pm

dead_poet wrote:Current QBs: Big Ben, Jay Cutler, Sam Bradford. Attempting to drop Bradford and add Eli Manning, who is on waivers.

I'd have to give up Cutler and either Hightower or A.J. Green. Or both. I don't think I can pull the trigger if it's for both. If it IS for both, I'd probably ask for Devery Henderson in return.

Thoughts?

If you had to trade two I would go with Cutler and Green for Fitzpatrick. Eli usually sucks, with some nice games every now and then, but is to inconsistent for my liking. Green's a rookie along with a rookie QB, which I just don't have a lot of faith in. Granted big games can still be had. But I really like Hightower, and if I'm not mistaken you have Marshall too, which you're making decisions weekly between for your flex. But that's just me. I just offered a trade to someone in one of my leagues offering Fitzpatrick along with Felix Jones for Calvin Johnson. I like Fitz a lot, but have P. Rivers already and am hurting a little at my WR spot.
0 x
Image