View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:48 am



Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Week 3 advice 
Author Message
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23075
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Week 3 advice
Question 1: Gate's big, fat 0 last week lost me the match. He hasn't done much through two weeks and I'm growing a bit concerned. He's facing KC, and the Chargers should win that game easily. I'm leery about them running out the clock early and limited Gates' opportunities. Meanwhile, I have Gronkowski vs. Buffalo. NE is on fire and Hernandez is out. Either that means more attention paid to Gronk by the Bills (if they do to him what NE did to Gates) or more opportunities? I'm leaning towards Gronk as, surprisingly, the Bills game could be a shootout. Thoughts?

Question 2: WR/Flex help. Options are:

Desean Jackson vs. NYG
Brandon Marshall vs. Cleveland
A.J. Green vs. SF
Dwayne Bowe vs. San Diego
Tim Hightower vs. Dallas

I currently have Jackson, Marshall and Green starting with Bowe and Hightower sitting. Can't use a TE for flex.

Question 3: Cutler (vs. Green Bay) or Big Ben (vs. Indy)? Neither has an offensive line worth much. Fear here again is the Steelers getting up big and limiting passing opportunities. Cutler should be passing plenty. And dump-offs to Forte count.

Thanks!

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Last edited by dead_poet on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:25 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23075
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Week 3 advice
Also, I'm thinking about dropping Roy Williams and Pierre Garcon and rostering Danny Amdenola and Denarius Moore. Smart? PPR league.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:19 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:43 am
Posts: 2250
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: Week 3 advice
Big Ben over Indy

_________________
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.


Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:49 am
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:21 am
Posts: 251
Location: Delaware
Post Re: Week 3 advice
dead_poet wrote:
Also, I'm thinking about dropping Roy Williams and Pierre Garcon and rostering Danny Amdenola and Denarius Moore. Smart? PPR league.

I had them both in a couple different leagues and have dropped them both. I just picked up Moore today in one of them.

_________________
Image


Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:26 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7951
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Week 3 advice
dead_poet wrote:
Question 1: Gate's big, fat 0 last week lost me the match. He hasn't done much through two weeks and I'm growing a bit concerned. He's facing KC, and the Chargers should win that game easily. I'm leery about them running out the clock early and limited Gates' opportunities. Meanwhile, I have Gronkowski vs. Buffalo. NE is on fire and Hernandez is out. Either that means more attention paid to Gronk by the Bills (if they do to him what NE did to Gates) or more opportunities? I'm leaning towards Gronk as, surprisingly, the Bills game could be a shootout. Thoughts?


I think at this point in the season you have to go with the people who have been able to put up points. I agree with you about Buffalo and NE being a shootout. I'd play Gronkowski ... then again, I'm currently 0-2 in all three of my fantasy teams currently ><; (I got Arian Foster in 2 of my three teams and the 3rd was an auto draft ... hasn't been a lucky season for me lol)

Quote:
Question 2: WR/Flex help. Options are:

Desean Jackson vs. NYG
Brandon Marshall vs. Cleveland
A.J. Green vs. SF
Dwayne Bowe vs. San Diego
Tim Hightower vs. Dallas

I currently have Jackson, Marshall and Green starting with Bowe and Hightower sitting. Can't use a TE for flex.


I'd put in Hightower here. If a RB and WR are slated to get similar stats I think you have to go with the RB, they're generally more of a sure thing to get the points.

Quote:
Question 3: Cutler (vs. Green Bay) or Big Ben (vs. Indy)? Neither has an offensive line worth much. Fear here again is the Steelers getting up big and limiting passing opportunities. Cutler should be passing plenty. And dump-offs to Forte count.

Thanks!


I'd take Big Ben vs. Indy. Indy just can't hold it together and GreenBay has a much better defense. Plus I like Big Ben's receivers better.

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:28 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7951
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Week 3 advice
dead_poet wrote:
Also, I'm thinking about dropping Roy Williams and Pierre Garcon and rostering Danny Amdenola and Denarius Moore. Smart? PPR league.


I'd definitely drop Pierre Garcon ... Indy's receivers sans Reggie Wayne come back down to earth hard without Manning.

Roy Williams could still catch on in Chicago ... he's been dealing with some minor injuries and adjusting to a new team with a short off season. By week 6 you might regret having dropped him.

I'd pick up Denarius Moore (in fact I have in two of my three leagues) ... he's been looking sharp and as a rookie you've got to think he'll only get better.

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:33 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23075
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Week 3 advice
Cliff wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
Also, I'm thinking about dropping Roy Williams and Pierre Garcon and rostering Danny Amdenola and Denarius Moore. Smart? PPR league.


I'd definitely drop Pierre Garcon ... Indy's receivers sans Reggie Wayne come back down to earth hard without Manning.

Roy Williams could still catch on in Chicago ... he's been dealing with some minor injuries and adjusting to a new team with a short off season. By week 6 you might regret having dropped him.

I'd pick up Denarius Moore (in fact I have in two of my three leagues) ... he's been looking sharp and as a rookie you've got to think he'll only get better.


Dropped Garcon and claimed Mario Manningham.

Would you drop Williams in favor of Moore? I'm concerned with how Moore will be used in the lineup with DHB and Jacoby Jones back from injury. I just don't think Roy will be doing anything other than riding my bench all season.

Gates has been out or limited the last couple of days in practice, and there was speculation that he was hurting in addition to the Patriots keeping a lid on him last week. That's enough to make me start Gronk instead. Of course, this likely means Gates will get 20 points on my bench.

Hightower being rested during the second half of last week's game and Helu's effectiveness makes me weary playing him as my flex. Generally I agree with you, though, and pick the RB. However Green has put up solid numbers so far (a mini breakout performance last week) and is going up against SF's poor secondary. I'm thinking about riding the hot hand. Right now he's my flex, though I'm considering Bowe instead.

I don't have a good feeling about Big Ben vs. Indy. I suspect they'll get up big and Ben won't throw more than 15-20 times. But I have more confidence there I guess than Cutler vs. GB. Cutler will be throwing more to keep up with Rodgers 'n company, but he'll probably take a whole mess of sacks and have at least one pick. I suspect it'll come out to be a wash and my only other option is Bradford vs. the Ravans (certainly not an appealing situation).

Thanks for the input guys!

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:49 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7951
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Week 3 advice
dead_poet wrote:

Dropped Garcon and claimed Mario Manningham.

Would you drop Williams in favor of Moore? I'm concerned with how Moore will be used in the lineup with DHB and Jacoby Jones back from injury. I just don't think Roy will be doing anything other than riding my bench all season.


If your feeling is that Williams will be riding the bench all season then definitely grab Moore. Moore had a break out game and I think the Raiders are going to latch on to a player that actually got things done. Regardless, it may end up a wash between these players. It's possible that either way you go you won't get production, but at least Moore has shown something this season.

Quote:
Gates has been out or limited the last couple of days in practice, and there was speculation that he was hurting in addition to the Patriots keeping a lid on him last week. That's enough to make me start Gronk instead. Of course, this likely means Gates will get 20 points on my bench.


That's how it goes, isn't it? Still, if it were me I'd bench Gates until he proved his value is back.

Quote:
Hightower being rested during the second half of last week's game and Helu's effectiveness makes me weary playing him as my flex. Generally I agree with you, though, and pick the RB. However Green has put up solid numbers so far (a mini breakout performance last week) and is going up against SF's poor secondary. I'm thinking about riding the hot hand. Right now he's my flex, though I'm considering Bowe instead.


Oh, I didn't even realize he had been taken out. That definitely raises some red flags. In that case I think I'd go with Brandon Marshall or A.J. Green.

Quote:
I don't have a good feeling about Big Ben vs. Indy. I suspect they'll get up big and Ben won't throw more than 15-20 times. But I have more confidence there I guess than Cutler vs. GB. Cutler will be throwing more to keep up with Rodgers 'n company, but he'll probably take a whole mess of sacks and have at least one pick. I suspect it'll come out to be a wash and my only other option is Bradford vs. the Ravans (certainly not an appealing situation).


Actually, after looking at stats ... I'm going to say Cutler vs. GB. I didn't realize it, but GB has the lowest rated pass defense currently.

Quote:
Thanks for the input guys!


No problem! Hopefully my insight helps you more than it's helping me lmao

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:36 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.