Money league draft tonight --Pick #6

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

thor
Veteran

Re: Money league draft tonight --Pick #6

Post by thor »

I like Hightower, I was able to draft him in one of my leagues as my flex. Would've liked to get him in a couple other leagues but was taken before I was able. Everything I've read about him is good. I would say as long as he doesn't fumble he should have a really good season. As of right now you have some tough choices to make with your team untill bye weeks start playing there part.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

thor wrote:I like Hightower, I was able to draft him in one of my leagues as my flex. Would've liked to get him in a couple other leagues but was taken before I was able. Everything I've read about him is good. I would say as long as he doesn't fumble he should have a really good season. As of right now you have some tough choices to make with your team untill bye weeks start playing there part.
I think my biggest question is Marshall vs. Hightower as a flex. My other bench guys are a pretty big downgrade from my starters. Bradford could (emphasis on "could") be inserted over Big Ben based on matchups. A.J. Green could be a steal for me if Palmer or Garrard end up starting.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

dead_poet wrote: I think my biggest question is Marshall vs. Hightower as a flex. My other bench guys are a pretty big downgrade from my starters. Bradford could (emphasis on "could") be inserted over Big Ben based on matchups. A.J. Green could be a steal for me if Palmer or Garrard end up starting.
With Marshall Vs. Hightower in the flex I think you've just got to make a week to week call. If Marshall was going up against the Jets defense and Hightower was going against, say the browns defense. I'd just keep my eye on the matchup and not get caught into thinking that one player has to be there.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Won week 1 by about 40.

Just looking for some advice for week 2.

Right now I have:

RB: Ray Rice vs. TEN
RB: Darren McFadden vs. BUF
WR: Dwayne Bowe vs. DET
WR: DeSean Jackson vs. ATL
WR/RB: Brandon Marshall vs. HOU

I'm considering benching Bowe (even though it's a favorable matchup and KC should be passing a lot), moving Marshall to WR and putting Hightower (vs. ARI) in at Flex. Bowe should bounce back but KC's offense rivaled our own last Sunday. Thoughts?

Oh, I'm also considering dropping Garcon and adding Devery Henderson; dropping Danny Woodhead and adding Jay Cutler. Bradford should be fine but my QB situation isn't all that stellar (currently starting Big Ben with Bradford on the bench. Ryan Fitzpatrick is on waivers as well.)
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
thor
Veteran

Post by thor »

I'd probably get Hightower in there. He looked pretty good last week. And I would probably sit Bowe with as bad as the Chiefs looked, at least until they can show me something. Of course with Bowes potential, it makes it a little tough. Plus, Hightower will be playing the team that traded him away this offseason, so there may be a little added motivation for him.