My team!

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

My team!

Post by Mercy Percy »

fantasy football is right around a corner and this is my team! We have a 12 team league also tell me how i did thanks!

QB Peyton Manning
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Jahvid Best
Flex Daniel Thomas
WR Hakeem Nicks
WR Kenny Brit
TE Tony Moeaki
D/ST Falcons
K Nate Kaeding

BE Steve Johnson
BE Kevin Kolb
BE Mike Sims-Walker
BE Rashad Jennings
BE Jared Cook
BE Donald Brown
BE Bernard Berrian

Rate it thanks and this is a 12 Team leauge
The term fan comes from FANatic or fanatical.
Cliff
Site Admin

Re: My team!

Post by Cliff »

Not bad.

Your TE looks a little weak and I'd be careful with Manning. They don't know if he'll start the season or not.
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

I actually think your TE is a good sleeper. I would put Stevie Johnson in for Kenny B.

my team:
Michael Vick - QB
Peyton Hillis - RB
LaGarrette Blount - RB
WR - Chad Ochocinco
WR - Percy Harvin
Flex - Julio Jones
TE - Zach Miller
Defense - NYJ

waiting to pick up kicker in FA

Bench:
Plaxico Burress
Matt Cassel
Brandon Gibson
Ronnie Brown
Devin Hester
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

Post by Mercy Percy »

Nice nice and yah thats why i picked up kolb because i think he has some good upside this year being with larry fitz and he could possibly start the first few weeks if needed untill peytons healthy.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Not bad, any time you take P.Manning I would put some effort into taking a guy like eli.manning, big ben, matt ryan, flaco, josh freemen, if possible since they seem to be unsure if he'll play week 1-2. As you can tell I'm not a Kolb fan, wouldn't feel comfortable starting him week 1-2. Javid Best I like more as a flex guy or #3 running back, he'll put up good numbers early on until he gets hurt so it's not a good idea to rely on him and your back ups are two other back ups. Kenny brit is probably a reach if he's in your starting line up, but you do have stevie johnson and mike sims-walker, one of those 2 should pan out well if necessary.

You've got some studs, Peyton when healthy, AD, and Nicks should be able to win some games. Bit too much unknown for my liking though, like can Best stay healthy, Will daniel thomas be productive in fantasy, will tony moeaki have a productive year, etc etc.

If maurice jones drew gets hurt early on you're golden heh.

If you want an actual rating I guess 7.5/10 when healthy.

Next Question

Damn, if it was 2010 I would love your team but I don't think it'll be the same in 2011. Vick was your #1 pick I'm guessing, I prefer Rodgers just cause I think he's a much better QB and still gets you rushing yardage / td's and isn't DESTINED to get injured at some point like Vick always will. He's a beast so it's not a "bad pick" I just wonder about your other positions when a QB is taken first. Definitely don't like Hillis as a #1 RB but I love Blount as a #2 so that averages out. HATE ochocinco as a #1 WR, I don't like any WR in the patriots offense, think they'll spread the ball around too much for any one guy to be that valuable. The two tight ends, wes welker, deion branch, woodhead, BJGE, etc etc. Harvin is a great pick up for a #2 imo so again kinda averages out.

I HATE giving rookies starting spots in fantasy football, not to mention having a WR in the flex who is also a rookie really worries me and Zach Miller is with the seahawks now so I don't like him at all as a starting tight end, unless you have faith in Tjackson still.

Mike Vick will have to carry this team big time; hope, pray, make a sacrifice, whatever you believe in that he plays as good or better then he did in 2010 and can stay healthy :P
Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

Post by Mercy Percy »

Yah im just hoping Jared Cook works out he looked good after they got rid of Bo Scaifee and as long as best is healthy he will produce
thor
Veteran

Post by thor »

NextQuestion wrote:I actually think your TE is a good sleeper. I would put Stevie Johnson in for Kenny B.

Plus Kenny britt may have a suspension early on. And there's a good chance that you'll have Kolb starting for Manning, at least for the first week, and maybe a little longer. I've had Manning several different years and it seems like he usually starts the season off slow, from a fantasy perspective. Plus with his injury and lack of preperation, it may take a little longer.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

12-man league. I could only draft my starters (had to bail halfway through the draft) so my bench is weak.

QB: Schaub
RB: Chris Johnson, Frank Gore
WR: Reggie Wayne, Percy Harvin
TE: Antonio Gates
Flex: Sidney Rice
K: Josh Brown
Def: NY Jets
IDP: Patrick Willis
IDP: Paul Posluszny
DB: Eric Berry
DL: Jared Allen

Assuming Johnson doesn't holdout, I'm happy with the results.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Joined a 12-team league that had about 8 people that had keepers from last season. So that was rough. Here's my squad.

QB Matt Schaub
RB Frank Gore
RB Arian Foster
Flex TIm Hightower
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Percy Harvin
TE Jermichael Finley
D/ST Falcons
K Adam Vinatieri

BE Matthew Stafford
BE Lee Evans
BE Julio Jones
BE Brandon Jacobs

Still available: CJ Spiller, Danny Amendola, Lions defense, Chris Cooley, Aaron Hernandez, Janakowski. I'm considering dropping Vinatieri for Janakowski (large in part to Manning injury). Also thinking about dropping Jacobs and adding Hernandez. Thoughts?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

dead_poet wrote:Thoughts?
I like your team as it is, really. Until the first round of games are played (and even then) it's really hard to tell who you should keep and who you should pick up. Of course, you have to be quick about picking up those that play well before someone else ... but dropping someone from your team before the first week runs the risk of them playing well.

When players are pretty even going into the season I tend to just keep who I have until one outplays the other.
thor
Veteran

Post by thor »

Mercy Percy wrote:fantasy football is right around a corner and this is my team! We have a 12 team league also tell me how i did thanks!

QB Peyton Manning
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Jahvid Best
Flex Daniel Thomas
WR Hakeem Nicks
WR Kenny Brit
TE Tony Moeaki
D/ST Falcons
K Nate Kaeding

BE Steve Johnson
BE Kevin Kolb
BE Mike Sims-Walker
BE Rashad Jennings
BE Jared Cook
BE Donald Brown
BE Bernard Berrian

Rate it thanks and this is a 12 Team leauge
It's starting to look a little troublesome. Moeaki is on IR now, with Manning potentially getting that same lable in time. And from what I've seen of Thomas is besides being a little nicked up, they aren't feeling to good about him yet. You might want to keep him on the bench for now.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

S197 wrote:12-man league. I could only draft my starters (had to bail halfway through the draft) so my bench is weak.

QB: Schaub
RB: Chris Johnson, Frank Gore
WR: Reggie Wayne, Percy Harvin
TE: Antonio Gates
Flex: Sidney Rice
K: Josh Brown
Def: NY Jets
IDP: Patrick Willis
IDP: Paul Posluszny
DB: Eric Berry
DL: Jared Allen

Assuming Johnson doesn't holdout, I'm happy with the results.
This team that I was the most content with lost this week. While my other two teams that I hated both won. Go figure, that's fantasy football for you. (I should mention I did pull Rice as my flex when I found out he was out)
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote: This team that I was the most content with lost this week. While my other two teams that I hated both won. Go figure, that's fantasy football for you. (I should mention I did pull Rice as my flex when I found out he was out)
Schaub screwed me too in one league. With Indy so inept on offense without Manning he really wasn't needed (especially with the ground game working so well, even without Foster). I also have Gore, and he did very little (I'm so NOT a Gore fan. I don't know why I drafted him). I thought CJ was going to have a big game back. You have some solid guys that just didn't perform. Too bad about Berry's injury.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly