Joe Webb at WR?

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

Darkwing
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joe Webb at WR?

Post by Darkwing »

Call me crazy but if Webb gets the call for the Vikes Sunday I'm thinking of starting him at WR in a league where I'm playing for the championship.

We start 3 WRs and my options are:
Andre Johnson
Pierre Garcon
Michael Crabtree
Chad Ochocinco
Mike Williams (SEA)
Joe Webb

I think Johnson and Garcon are locks but Ochocinco is questionable and I don't have a lot of faith in the rest of the bunch. Someone talk some sense into me.
Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Joe Webb at WR?

Post by Cliff »

I don't want to help you too much, I may need to play you in the Championship ;)

Joe Webb at WR is a good move since it's allowed. It doesn't seem like it should be though lol
Darkwing
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Darkwing »

No worries Cliff - different league. :D

I appear to have make the worst possible choices.
Spent so much time worrying about my WR3 position didn't realize that Andre Johnson was out.
Ended up benching Crabtree (12.10 points) because he played early to give me more time to think... Eventually went with Mike Williams (0.75 points).

So, if I had paid attention to the Johnson situation I could have had at least 12 extra points. As it stands I have a 22.39 point lead with my opponent still with Vick, Adrian Peterson and Tony Gonzalez left to go. Not looking promising.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Darkwing wrote:No worries Cliff - different league. :D

I appear to have make the worst possible choices.
Spent so much time worrying about my WR3 position didn't realize that Andre Johnson was out.
Ended up benching Crabtree (12.10 points) because he played early to give me more time to think... Eventually went with Mike Williams (0.75 points).

So, if I had paid attention to the Johnson situation I could have had at least 12 extra points. As it stands I have a 22.39 point lead with my opponent still with Vick, Adrian Peterson and Tony Gonzalez left to go. Not looking promising.
Yeah, that's rough.

In one of my leagues I finished the season in 3rd but failed hard core in the first round of the playoffs. My RBs started failed me (Peyton Hillis who has been a stud all season picks up 7 points, Mendenhall only got five) and I started Harvin over Boldin (Harvin got no points and Boldin got 17).

I lost the game by a single point.

:wallbang:

In another league I finished in first place and got a bye for the first round. In the semi-finals right now I'm down 22 points with Vick and LeSean McCoy left to play. Hopefully they come through for me.