View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:32 am



Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Here come the playoffs! 
Author Message
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7956
Location: Kentucky
Post Here come the playoffs!
I've clenched a spot in both the leagues I'm in. So far I'm 2nd place in both which would give me a first round bye if I can hang on.

How's everybody else been so far this season?

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:55 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:51 pm
Posts: 1472
Location: Arizona
Post Re: Here come the playoffs!
Cliff wrote:
I've clenched a spot in both the leagues I'm in. So far I'm 2nd place in both which would give me a first round bye if I can hang on.

How's everybody else been so far this season?


Which one :wink: But right now out of my 8! leagues I will go to the playoffs in 6 of them. 3 of them as #1 seed. You'll hang on against me that's for sure :)

_________________
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer


Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:29 pm
Profile
Transition Player

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:11 am
Posts: 369
Post Re: Here come the playoffs!
I'm 1st in my 14 team league... Although Frank Gore breaking a hip pretty much ends my season..


Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:41 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7956
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Here come the playoffs!
Hamburglar wrote:
I'm 1st in my 14 team league... Although Frank Gore breaking a hip pretty much ends my season..


I had Frank Gore on one of my teams as well. Luckily I also have Peyton Hillis and Rashard Mendenhall plus I was able to pick up Brian Westbrook to replace him.

Still, his absence hurts. It's nice to be able to switch him in and out depending on the match up.

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:40 am
Profile
Transition Player

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:11 am
Posts: 369
Post Re: Here come the playoffs!
Cliff wrote:
Hamburglar wrote:
I'm 1st in my 14 team league... Although Frank Gore breaking a hip pretty much ends my season..


I had Frank Gore on one of my teams as well. Luckily I also have Peyton Hillis and Rashard Mendenhall plus I was able to pick up Brian Westbrook to replace him.

Still, his absence hurts. It's nice to be able to switch him in and out depending on the match up.

Yeah.. my problem is I was banking on him and McCoy at RB and Brandon Lloyd and Calvin Johnson at WR through the playoffs (playing match ups for the other positions).

Now McCoy is my RB1, and I'm relying on guys like Green-ellis, Westbrook/Dixon etc. basically flex players as my RB2 :oops:


Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:38 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7956
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Here come the playoffs!
Yeah ... that hurts. Especially when you have flex positions because that means any other running back worth a damn was gone a *long* time ago.

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:39 pm
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:56 pm
Posts: 220
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
Post Re: Here come the playoffs!
looking for some advice i'm not sure what defense or QB to start this week

QB's i have are
Cassel @ SD
Shaub vs Baltimore
Fitzpatrick vs Browns

and my defense/st are
Browns @ Bills
Giants @ MN

I'm leaning towards Fitz at QB just because he is at home against a good but not great defense, but for some reason i have a feeling Cassel will still do better. While defenses i could see the Giants ripping up the Vikings or getting torched, same with the browns at the bills

any advice is apreciated


Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:44 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7956
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Here come the playoffs!
Cassel @ SD - Definitely not ... he's out this week.
Shaub vs Baltimore - Baltimore is always a tough defense but he's projected to do alright.
Fitzpatrick vs Browns - Buffalo isn't playing with much heart and Fitz is projected to get lower points than Schaub.

and my defense/st are
Browns @ Bills
Giants @ MN


Quote:
I'm leaning towards Fitz at QB just because he is at home against a good but not great defense, but for some reason i have a feeling Cassel will still do better. While defenses i could see the Giants ripping up the Vikings or getting torched, same with the browns at the bills


I'd go with Schaub at QB. At defense I'd go Browns. MN is hot right now. They've got a new coach and they ran up the score in the last game. I don't know if that streak will continue ... but in contrast the Bills just got blown out, didn't score much, and at this point have absolutely no reason to play.

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:57 am
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:56 pm
Posts: 220
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
Post Re: Here come the playoffs!
yeah the thing that scares me about schaub is he hasnt done much all season, and its against baltimore so i would expect him to have a couple turnovers. i've wanted to put him on waivers but never did

in free agency i could pick up
Garrad Vs Oakland

on NFL.com it said he's averaged 15.4 per game and hes playing against a sub par pass defense. All i'm looking for is 15 pts and i think he may have a better chance than Cassel, Schaub, or Fitzpatrick


Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:05 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7956
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Here come the playoffs!
The Bonecrusher wrote:
yeah the thing that scares me about schaub is he hasnt done much all season, and its against baltimore so i would expect him to have a couple turnovers. i've wanted to put him on waivers but never did

in free agency i could pick up
Garrad Vs Oakland

on NFL.com it said he's averaged 15.4 per game and hes playing against a sub par pass defense. All i'm looking for is 15 pts and i think he may have a better chance than Cassel, Schaub, or Fitzpatrick


Funnily enough you're struggling with the same decision I am.

I've had Schuab all season and been mostly disappointed. I also picked up Garrad a few weeks ago and played him a few times.

Schaub has definitely outperformed Garrad as of late but going against Oakland you never know what you're going to get. Some weeks they play lights out.

They're actually ranked 9th in passing offense while the Ravens are ranked 11th. So it's really a toss up.

I'm starting Schaub.

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:50 pm
Profile
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:56 pm
Posts: 220
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
Post Re: Here come the playoffs!
Cliff wrote:
The Bonecrusher wrote:
yeah the thing that scares me about schaub is he hasnt done much all season, and its against baltimore so i would expect him to have a couple turnovers. i've wanted to put him on waivers but never did

in free agency i could pick up
Garrad Vs Oakland

on NFL.com it said he's averaged 15.4 per game and hes playing against a sub par pass defense. All i'm looking for is 15 pts and i think he may have a better chance than Cassel, Schaub, or Fitzpatrick


Funnily enough you're struggling with the same decision I am.

I've had Schuab all season and been mostly disappointed. I also picked up Garrad a few weeks ago and played him a few times.

Schaub has definitely outperformed Garrad as of late but going against Oakland you never know what you're going to get. Some weeks they play lights out.

They're actually ranked 9th in passing offense while the Ravens are ranked 11th. So it's really a toss up.

I'm starting Schaub.


as of now i dropped fitz for garrard, while fitz was doing good this season the rest of the schedule doesnt look favorable, after this week i plan on starting Cassel for the last couple weeks (provided he's healthy).

and as far as defenses, i'm in a espn league and it says that Oak has the 24th D vs QB's while the Ravens are 5th ranked Vs QBs. Plus Asomugha might not play or be 100% which should help Garrard. I'm still on the fence between Garrard and Schaub but still have time to choose, hopefully NFL total Access will help me with this decision tonight.


Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:13 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:32 pm
Posts: 3382
Location: nodakoda
Post Re: Here come the playoffs!
First year I've played FF, playing on the generic NFL.com 10 team leagues. Got three teams, made the playoffs with all of them (climbed from last to 4th place in one league and made the playoffs during the last game). Won two of the three playoffs games.

Gonna try to find something a little more serious for next season. In each of my leagues there was only like 5 or less teams that actually participated, and the rest sat inactive the whole time.


Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:05 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:51 pm
Posts: 1472
Location: Arizona
Post Re: Here come the playoffs!
I have 1 team that made it to the championship and 1 is up in the air. It depends on whether AP and Forte score 40 points

_________________
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer


Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:11 am
Profile
Transition Player

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:11 am
Posts: 369
Post Re: Here come the playoffs!
So far it looks like I'm gonna lose both of my leagues in the same week (one in the championship, other in the semi finals round). Thanks go out to Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson, and Brandon Lloyd for combining to score 20 points. And to the Dolphins D for allowing 34 Lions points with none of them going to their best player (Megatron).

Unless McCoy scores 29+ for one team, and Vick/Akers score 60 for the other lol...


Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:13 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:44 pm
Posts: 10851
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Here come the playoffs!
Hamburglar wrote:
So far it looks like I'm gonna lose both of my leagues in the same week (one in the championship, other in the semi finals round). Thanks go out to Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson, and Brandon Lloyd for combining to score 20 points. And to the Dolphins D for allowing 34 Lions points with none of them going to their best player (Megatron).

Unless McCoy scores 29+ for one team, and Vick/Akers score 60 for the other lol...


Jeez, I'm not playing any leagues this year, forgot about that impact of the game being moved. Most leagues have championships this week, now instead of just monday being it, it's tuesday with this extra game.


Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:55 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:51 pm
Posts: 1472
Location: Arizona
Post Re: Here come the playoffs!
Doesn't matter to me. One championship I've already won and the other is a 2 week championship anyway

_________________
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer


Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:33 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:32 pm
Posts: 3382
Location: nodakoda
Post Re: Here come the playoffs!
Made the playoffs with all three of my teams. Won the title in two of them, got 4th place in the other one. Not bad for my first year of FF.

Almost lost the title game in one league because I stupidly started Kitna. He's been on fire lately so I figured it was a sure thing, especially against the Cardinals defense. So I signed him and started him, and he promptly throws two Pick 6s and then gets injured. :?


Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:59 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 7956
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Here come the playoffs!
I finished 1st in the standings in the vmb.com league and am in the championship game this week ... but it doesn't look like Vick will start leaving me Carson Palmer playing the Ravens ><;

_________________
“There is a chance that if I lose 100 pounds, I could be a jockey ...” - Coach Zimmer


Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:20 am
Profile
Transition Player

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:11 am
Posts: 369
Post Re: Here come the playoffs!
Cliff wrote:
I finished 1st in the standings in the vmb.com league and am in the championship game this week ... but it doesn't look like Vick will start leaving me Carson Palmer playing the Ravens ><;

Well, apparently without TO & Ocho Palmer is Joe Montana all of the sudden. I'd know because I started the SD defense against him over ATL's against Brees in one league lol...


Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:55 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:32 pm
Posts: 3382
Location: nodakoda
Post Re: Here come the playoffs!
Any chance I can get into someone's league for next year? Playing on NFL.com was alright but half the owners in my leagues were completely absent. Would be fun to get in a league with people that actually participated and talked.

Maybe we could start up one next year for board users? Or was that what Cliff already mentioned?


Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:14 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:51 pm
Posts: 1472
Location: Arizona
Post Re: Here come the playoffs!
HornedMessiah wrote:
Any chance I can get into someone's league for next year? Playing on NFL.com was alright but half the owners in my leagues were completely absent. Would be fun to get in a league with people that actually participated and talked.

Maybe we could start up one next year for board users? Or was that what Cliff already mentioned?


There is already one on Yahoo. I was in it and my team sucked because i couldn't show up to the draft

_________________
Look at ur sig,now back 2 mine,now back to yours,now back to mine

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer


Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:32 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.