View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 I'm starting him. 
Hall of Famer

Post I'm starting him.
I'm starting Berrian this weekend in my fantasy league.

He's gonna tear it up! Count on it!

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:25 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Post Re: I'm starting him.
I am starting Camarillo cause he is fired up to play his former team.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:27 pm
All Pro Elite Player

thatguy wrote:

Congratulations!!!! Im sure your going to be :cheer: for him

Last edited by Iron Man Favre on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:34 pm
Career Elite Player

thatguy wrote:

ha. good luck. i have him on my squad as i got him very late. i want to take your side on this...i really do. i want berrian to step up and prove all his critics wrong. i really do. but i'm losing patience. not only did i not start him on my fantasy team, i'm borderline wishing he didn't start for my "real life" team! :spanking:

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:54 pm
Transition Player

thatguy wrote:

Well i benched Berrian for Mike Williams(Buccaneers)..Hope you're right for our Vikings sake.I still can't believe the vikings are paying him almost 7 millions for overrated Berrian.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:08 am
Hall of Famer

A.D_blazing wrote:
thatguy wrote:

Well i benched Berrian for Mike Williams(Buccaneers)..Hope you're right for our Vikings sake.I still can't believe the vikings are paying him almost 7 millions for overrated Berrian.

Love Berrian, but Mike Williams is a sleeper pick all the way through the season, and I don't blame you for starting him. I got him soooo late...lucky me! :)

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:10 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

thatguy wrote:
A.D_blazing wrote:
thatguy wrote:

Love Berrian, but Mike Williams is a sleeper pick all the way through the season, and I don't blame you for starting him. I got him soooo late...lucky me! :)

what is it that you love so much about berrian? how he looks?

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:13 am
All Pro Elite Player

TeamChaplain wrote:
I am starting Camarillo cause he is fired up to play his former team.

I may do the same. I picked him up since he was undrafted. I'm considering putting him in the flex spot this week.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:06 am
Hall of Famer

TrenchGoon wrote:
what is it that you love so much about berrian? how he looks?

lol no. He's usually a pretty legit wide receiver. I like how he's scrappy in the red zone, and how he can beat guys over the top. He's just been my favorite since he's come to Minny.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:10 am
All Pro Elite Player

I don't think I have Berrian on my 3 fantasy teams :oops:

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:33 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

thatguy wrote:
I like how he's scrappy in the red zone, and how he can beat guys over the top. He's just been my favorite since he's come to Minny.

Scrappy?

Don't get me wrong, he has his share of positive attributes but I don't think scrappy would be one of them. Beating guys deep with his pure speed, yes. Scrappy, not so sure.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:37 am
Hall of Famer

Noxage wrote:
thatguy wrote:
I like how he's scrappy in the red zone, and how he can beat guys over the top. He's just been my favorite since he's come to Minny.

Scrappy?

Don't get me wrong, he has his share of positive attributes but I don't think scrappy would be one of them. Beating guys deep with his pure speed, yes. Scrappy, not so sure.

I don't know, he seems to fight for yards whenever he's in the red zone, and he's not afraid to get thrown around down there.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:55 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Fair enough. Hopefully this perceived scrappyness will translate into a couple of scores for the Vikes (and your fantasy team) on Sunday. :beerchug:

Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:07 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

I started him last week. How stupid of me.

I'm on the verge of dropping him, but I know that as soon as I do that (or just benching him) he'll have a game with 100+ yds and a TD.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:22 pm
Career Elite Player

HornedMessiah wrote:

I'm on the verge of dropping him, but I know that as soon as I do that (or just benching him) he'll have a game with 100+ yds and a TD.

me too. :x and to make it worse i had collie on my bench scoring points like crazy. so i switched them now so you guys will be happy to know that berrian is going off this weekend! and if you have collie started i'd reconsider as he'll likely not do anything this week and most likely get hurt....

:wallbang:

Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:37 pm
Hall of Famer

hehe, i dont even think berrian is on a team in my main league, but then again not many minnesota fans in it so not surprising I guess.

My opponent is starting collie this week so thinking and hoping week 1 was his best week and they'll put him a notch higher on "things that concern our defense against the colts" and shut him down!

Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:09 pm
All Pro Elite Player

vikeinmontana wrote:
HornedMessiah wrote:

me too. :x and to make it worse i had collie on my bench scoring points like crazy. so i switched them now so you guys will be happy to know that berrian is going off this weekend! and if you have collie started i'd reconsider as he'll likely not do anything this week and most likely get hurt....

:wallbang:

I had Nicks in two of my leagues! Both on the bench!

Sadly,yours isn't mine.But if you stopped posting and made this your sig,yours could look like mine.

Look down,back up,your on VMB reading the sig your sig can look like.I'm on a computer

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:13 pm
Hall of Famer

I don't do fantasy football, but if I did I would not have Berrian on my team. he's not a #1 wr

Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:05 pm
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Laserman wrote:
I don't do fantasy football, but if I did I would not have Berrian on my team. he's not a #1 wr

Well there are not enough #1 WR's to go around in most leagues. So either you would be pretty thin at WR, or you would have to adjust your strategy, if you did play. :lol:

Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:57 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

NDVikeFan wrote:
Laserman wrote:

Well there are not enough #1 WR's to go around in most leagues. So either you would be pretty thin at WR, or you would have to adjust your strategy, if you did play. :lol:

There are 32 teams all of which have a #1 WR and most fantasy teams have 12 teams (though some have more) with two WR slots (though some have more). Realistically, unless you got out-drafted, you should have two WRs that are #1 for some team.

Even with injuries in most leagues there should be plenty of WRs to go around.

Berrian isn't the #1 for the Vikings ... he's filling in for the #1 and there is a pretty sharp drop in production from him to Rice.

I don't think it's a "bad" idea to start Berrian ... but until he shows something it's definitely a risk.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:04 pm
All Pro Elite Player

At least I started Romo over Favre

Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]