Week 3 WR's

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

thatguy
Hall of Famer

Week 3 WR's

Post by thatguy »

I have Reggie Wayne and Chad Ochocinco starting this week...I need help w/ the 3rd WR spot...

Here's who's available:

Bernard Berrian vs. SF (haven't played Berrian yet)
Percy Harvin vs. SF
Chris Henry vs. CIN
Devery Henderson vs. BUF
Steve Breaston vs. IND

Any help would be appreciated!

:govikes:
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Week 3 WR's

Post by Cliff »

I'd start Harvin.
thatguy
Hall of Famer

Post by thatguy »

^That's my most likely choice. I'm really thinking about taking a chance with Berrian this week as well. With all the talk about "no deep passes," I think that we'll see at least one big one to BB agains the 49'ers.
"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." ~Thucydides
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

thatguy wrote:^That's my most likely choice. I'm really thinking about taking a chance with Berrian this week as well. With all the talk about "no deep passes," I think that we'll see at least one big one to BB agains the 49'ers.
There's no point in taking the risk, IMO.

There are going to be a lot of "dump" passes just like every game ... and those passes are primarily going to Harvin (or our RBs). Plus Harvin could get a snap or two in the running game.

Berrian on the other hand ... who knows?

Berrian might have a break out game ... but to be honest, if he didn't have one against the Browns or the Lions, what makes you think he'll have one against the 9ers who appears to be a superior (though still suspect) team.
SarasotaViking
Franchise Player

Post by SarasotaViking »

thatguy wrote:I have Reggie Wayne and Chad Ochocinco starting this week...I need help w/ the 3rd WR spot...

Here's who's available:

Bernard Berrian vs. SF (haven't played Berrian yet)
Percy Harvin vs. SF
Chris Henry vs. CIN
Devery Henderson vs. BUF
Steve Breaston vs. IND

Any help would be appreciated!

:govikes:
WOW guys, is Harvin already the favored choice over Berrian?

I disagree, I would start Berrian. The Vikes know at some point they have to get a weapon like Berrian more involved in the offense and I don't see why it shouldn't be this week. Berrian should be a safe bet to score his first TD.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

SarasotaViking wrote: WOW guys, is Harvin already the favored choice over Berrian?

I disagree, I would start Berrian. The Vikes know at some point they have to get a weapon like Berrian more involved in the offense and I don't see why it shouldn't be this week. Berrian should be a safe bet to score his first TD.
Yeah, Harvin is already the favored choice if you're trying to get points in fantasy football for sure ...

If Berrian didn't score against DET or CLE what makes you think he's going to break out agains the 49ers?

Don't get me wrong ... I want to see it happen ... but right now Harvin is the guy Favre is going to and until he actually does something otherwise, it'd be silly to start any other Vikings WR.
thor
Veteran

Post by thor »

Harvin. Favre seems to really like him, and may be Favre's favorite target so far. Plus, I'm not sure how Berrian's doing. I know he had some catches last week, but how's his hammy. Plus Nate Clements should be covering BB.