my Fantasy team

A forum for Fantasy Football discussion. Talk about leagues, trades, players or start your own league!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

my Fantasy team

Post by VikingPaul73 »

My D player is Jared Allen (our league has players based on sacks and tackles...not teams)
I picked up Percy Harvin as my 4th WR (a reach I know but hey, I am a Vikings fan)
Favre is my #2 QB (hey, get off my back, I got him in the 15th round!!)
Shankdog is my #2 TE

Not a bad Vikings rep....if there were 18 rounds, I would have taken EJ as my D player #2. I sort of wanted Berrian, but he went earlier than I thought. And of course AD went #1 overall, and I had the #2 pick (I took Michael Turner)

Any Vikings on your Fantasy rosters??????????
Turtle Burger
All Pro Elite Player

Re: my Fantasy team

Post by Turtle Burger »

VikingPaul73 wrote:My D player is Jared Allen (our league has players based on sacks and tackles...not teams)
I picked up Percy Harvin as my 4th WR (a reach I know but hey, I am a Vikings fan)
Favre is my #2 QB (hey, get off my back, I got him in the 15th round!!)
Shankdog is my #2 TE

Not a bad Vikings rep....if there were 18 rounds, I would have taken EJ as my D player #2. I sort of wanted Berrian, but he went earlier than I thought. And of course AD went #1 overall, and I had the #2 pick (I took Michael Turner)

Any Vikings on your Fantasy rosters??????????
I got Favre, Harvin, and Shiancoe in both my leagues too. I might be biased, but I think they are all 3 extremely undervalued in most leagues.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Turtle Burger wrote: I got Favre, Harvin, and Shiancoe in both my leagues too. I might be biased, but I think they are all 3 extremely undervalued in most leagues.
I think having those three players are fine as long as they aren't your starters in week one, aside from Shiancoe. Favre and Harvin could both have big years ... but they certainly have too many question marks between them to start right off the bat.

As long as you pick them up in the later rounds there shouldn't be a problem.
SarasotaViking
Franchise Player

Post by SarasotaViking »

Turtle Burger wrote: I got Favre, Harvin, and Shiancoe in both my leagues too. I might be biased, but I think they are all 3 extremely undervalued in most leagues.

I don't agree at all. Don't get me wrong i love all three of those players value at thier ADP, but IMO i don't think you should ever have three players from the same team on your roster, no matter who it is or from what team. Why? BC if 1 or 2 of your other players share the Vikings bye week then you may be looking at possibly haveing 5 players unavailable for 1 week which is no good. Also, it would be fantasy suicide to start 3 players from the same team the same week unless the match-up is so good you can't pass on it which may happen only once or twice a year.
BUT....
Shanks is my #1 TE and i didn't pick him until round 11, and i will take that any day. He looks like he might post some numbers this year, exp with Farve. :govikes:
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by TrenchGoon »

I've got a ton of vikings and I plan on not fielding a team on their bye week...and I don't care. I'm not very competitive with fantasy football anymore, it takes too much time. Now I just prefer to pick players I like and make outlandish trade proposals to other players.
Turtle Burger
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Turtle Burger »

SarasotaViking wrote:

I don't agree at all. Don't get me wrong i love all three of those players value at thier ADP, but IMO i don't think you should ever have three players from the same team on your roster, no matter who it is or from what team. Why? BC if 1 or 2 of your other players share the Vikings bye week then you may be looking at possibly haveing 5 players unavailable for 1 week which is no good. Also, it would be fantasy suicide to start 3 players from the same team the same week unless the match-up is so good you can't pass on it which may happen only once or twice a year.
BUT....
Shanks is my #1 TE and i didn't pick him until round 11, and i will take that any day. He looks like he might post some numbers this year, exp with Farve. :govikes:
I used to think that too. Then 2 years ago our whole league got dominated by someone who stocked up on Patriots, including Brady, Moss, and Welker. I think you have to take the best players regardless of who else you already have.
Pepper2Moss
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Pepper2Moss »

I got the team defense on my main league. Another league I have Peterson, Berrian, & Taylor.
SarasotaViking
Franchise Player

Post by SarasotaViking »

That year by the patriots is one of the only exceptions, and that year by the Pats happened only bc of one player... and his name is NOT Brady. Moss turned Brady from a great player into a fantasy legend. Moss turned Cassel from a no name into an above average QB who went out and got a contract way above what he should. Moss turned Daunte Culpepper from a below average QB into fantasy elite.

I'm talking only from a fantasy standpoint here people don't yell at me.

The only Qb Moss didn't turn into gold was Kerry Collins, but that team was so screwed up nothing would have helped them.

It still makes me sick to see Moss catch a Td in anything but a purple jersey. I HATE the Pats but i continue to root for the guy.

GO #84 continue to score TD's. He will be the only player in NFL history to catch 16 or more TDs in four different seasons, IF he does it this year, Looks like he will. At least 2 were in Purple.