View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:32 am



Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Fanspeak 2018 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3380
Post Fanspeak 2018
https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

First go

30: R1P30
CB DENZEL WARD
OHIO STATE
62: R2P30
C JAMES DANIELS
IOWA
94: R3P30
RB NICK CHUBB
GEORGIA
169: R5P30
QB MIKE WHITE
WESTERN KENTUCKY
207: R6P30
LB NICK DELUCA
NORTH DAKOTA STATE


Last edited by fiestavike on Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:19 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3380
Post Re: Fanspeak 2018
7 round version...

30: R1P30
G BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
62: R2P30
C JAMES DANIELS
IOWA
94: R3P30
RB KALEN BALLAGE
ARIZONA STATE
169: R5P30
QB MIKE WHITE
WESTERN KENTUCKY
207: R6P30
LB NICK DELUCA
NORTH DAKOTA STATE
214: R6P37
CB BRANDON FACYSON
VIRGINIA TECH
217: R6P40
RB JAYLEN SAMUELS
NORTH CAROLINA STATE


Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:59 pm
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:41 am
Posts: 87
Post Re: Fanspeak 2018
Derwin James was there at 30, so ...why not :D


30: R1P30
S DERWIN JAMES
FLORIDA STATE
62: R2P30
DL R.J. MCINTOSH
MIAMI
94: R3P30
OT ALEX CAPPA
HUMBOLDT STATE
169: R5P30
TE TROY FUMAGALLI
WISCONSIN
207: R6P30
CB KAMERON KELLY
SAN DIEGO STATE
214: R6P37
G LARRY ALLEN JR.
HARVARD
217: R6P40
LB KENNY YOUNG
UCLA


Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:14 pm
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:41 am
Posts: 87
Post Re: Fanspeak 2018
fiestavike wrote:
7 round version...

30: R1P30
G BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
62: R2P30
C JAMES DANIELS
IOWA
94: R3P30
RB KALEN BALLAGE
ARIZONA STATE
169: R5P30
QB MIKE WHITE
WESTERN KENTUCKY
207: R6P30
LB NICK DELUCA
NORTH DAKOTA STATE
214: R6P37
CB BRANDON FACYSON
VIRGINIA TECH
217: R6P40
RB JAYLEN SAMUELS
NORTH CAROLINA STATE


You like Daniels to play Center or Guard ?


Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:15 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3380
Post Re: Fanspeak 2018
ocampo82 wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
7 round version...

30: R1P30
G BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
62: R2P30
C JAMES DANIELS
IOWA
94: R3P30
RB KALEN BALLAGE
ARIZONA STATE
169: R5P30
QB MIKE WHITE
WESTERN KENTUCKY
207: R6P30
LB NICK DELUCA
NORTH DAKOTA STATE
214: R6P37
CB BRANDON FACYSON
VIRGINIA TECH
217: R6P40
RB JAYLEN SAMUELS
NORTH CAROLINA STATE


You like Daniels to play Center or Guard ?


Either. I like having 3 guys with Center experience on the inside. Gives a lot more flexibility. The Easton/Elflein/Berger group was pretty solid, despite some physical deficiencies.


Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:23 pm
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:41 am
Posts: 87
Post Re: Fanspeak 2018
this one was my favorite of the day :smilevike:

30: R1P30
G ISAIAH WYNN
GEORGIA
62: R2P30
DL TAVEN BRYAN
FLORIDA
94: R3P30
RB NICK CHUBB
GEORGIA
169: R5P30
C SCOTT QUESSENBERRY
UCLA
207: R6P30
WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME
214: R6P37
TE MARCUS BAUGH
OHIO STATE
217: R6P40
EDGE JUSTIN LAWLER
SMU


Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:28 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3380
Post Re: Fanspeak 2018
30: R1P30
G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP
62: R2P30
DL TAVEN BRYAN
FLORIDA
94: R3P30
C FRANK RAGNOW
ARKANSAS
167: R5P30
CB TONY BROWN
ALABAMA
204: R6P30
LB OREN BURKS
VANDERBILT
213: R6P39
RB JAYLEN SAMUELS
NORTH CAROLINA STATE
218: R6P44
CB BRANDON FACYSON
VIRGINIA TECH


Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:39 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3380
Post Re: Fanspeak 2018
Running through a bunch of these with different draft boards, I am pretty consistently getting DT round 1, G/C round 2, RB round 3.


Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:26 am
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 18360
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Fanspeak 2018
fiestavike wrote:
30: R1P30
G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP
62: R2P30
DL TAVEN BRYAN
FLORIDA
94: R3P30
C FRANK RAGNOW
ARKANSAS
167: R5P30
CB TONY BROWN
ALABAMA
204: R6P30
LB OREN BURKS
VANDERBILT
213: R6P39
RB JAYLEN SAMUELS
NORTH CAROLINA STATE
218: R6P44
CB BRANDON FACYSON
VIRGINIA TECH
This would be an insane draft.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬


Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3380
Post Re: Fanspeak 2018
30: R1P30
G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP
62: R2P30
DL HARRISON PHILLIPS
STANFORD
94: R3P30
C FRANK RAGNOW
ARKANSAS
167: R5P30
RB ITO SMITH
SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI
204: R6P30
RB AKRUM WADLEY
IOWA
213: R6P39
LB OREN BURKS
VANDERBILT
218: R6P44
CB BRANDON FACYSON
VIRGINIA TECH

Similar to the last one I posted although RB is really going to be a need. Smith and Wadley are fairly redundant. I wanted to get Kalen Ballage but missed on him. I like his violent running style and the way he finishes runs. Burks and Facyson are becoming staples in the late rounds for me just because I feel like they have measurable traits that would appeal to Zimmer and the way fanspeak runs, they consistently seem to be there. I really like the first 3 picks. It gets tricky without a fourth rounder to anticipate what might be left in the cupboard by the time the pick roles around in the 5th.


Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:05 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3380
Post Re: Fanspeak 2018
First time I've tackled one of these in a while. Interesting to see the changes in who is expected to be available around this stage of the draft.

If the following players were still on the board, who would you choose at #30?

21 G WILL HERNANDEZ - UTEP
23 C JAMES DANIELS - IOWA
24 WR COURTLAND SUTTON - SMU
27 S RONNIE HARRISON - ALABAMA
28 EDGE MARCUS DAVENPORT - UTSA
30 LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH - BOISE STATE
32 CB JOSH JACKSON - IOWA
33 EDGE JOSH SWEAT - FLORIDA STATE
35 WR CALVIN RIDLEY - ALABAMA
36 CB ISAIAH OLIVER - COLORADO
38 RB RONALD JONES II - USC
39 TE MIKE GESICKI - PENN STATE
40 OT KOLTON MILLER - UCLA
43 G BILLY PRICE - OHIO STATE
44 EDGE SAM HUBBARD - OHIO STATE
45 DL HARRISON PHILLIPS - STANFORD
46 CB CARLTON DAVIS - AUBURN
47 WR CHRISTIAN KIRK - TEXAS A&M
48 RB SONY MICHEL - GEORGIA
49 WR D.J. CHARK - LSU
50 OT MARTINAS RANKIN - MISSISSIPPI STATE
51 CB MIKE HUGHES - UCF
52 RB RASHAAD PENNY - SAN DIEGO STATE


Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:15 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 11123
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Fanspeak 2018
Lot of tempting names but Hernandez.


Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:42 pm
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:15 pm
Posts: 66
Post Re: Fanspeak 2018
fiestavike wrote:
First time I've tackled one of these in a while. Interesting to see the changes in who is expected to be available around this stage of the draft.

If the following players were still on the board, who would you choose at #30?

21 G WILL HERNANDEZ - UTEP
23 C JAMES DANIELS - IOWA
24 WR COURTLAND SUTTON - SMU
27 S RONNIE HARRISON - ALABAMA
28 EDGE MARCUS DAVENPORT - UTSA
30 LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH - BOISE STATE
32 CB JOSH JACKSON - IOWA
33 EDGE JOSH SWEAT - FLORIDA STATE
35 WR CALVIN RIDLEY - ALABAMA
36 CB ISAIAH OLIVER - COLORADO
38 RB RONALD JONES II - USC
39 TE MIKE GESICKI - PENN STATE
40 OT KOLTON MILLER - UCLA
43 G BILLY PRICE - OHIO STATE
44 EDGE SAM HUBBARD - OHIO STATE
45 DL HARRISON PHILLIPS - STANFORD
46 CB CARLTON DAVIS - AUBURN
47 WR CHRISTIAN KIRK - TEXAS A&M
48 RB SONY MICHEL - GEORGIA
49 WR D.J. CHARK - LSU
50 OT MARTINAS RANKIN - MISSISSIPPI STATE
51 CB MIKE HUGHES - UCF
52 RB RASHAAD PENNY - SAN DIEGO STATE


Not sure where that list came from, but Davenport, Ridley and Jackson will likely be long gone at 30. If they were still there, the phone would be ringing off the hook and I would extract a ransom from some other team to move back into the top of the second to grab the OG we really need. If the phone was broken, I would probably have to take Davenport or Ridley and hope like heck that one of the guards was still available at 62.


Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:12 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 18360
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Fanspeak 2018
Vikefan60 wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
First time I've tackled one of these in a while. Interesting to see the changes in who is expected to be available around this stage of the draft.

If the following players were still on the board, who would you choose at #30?

21 G WILL HERNANDEZ - UTEP
23 C JAMES DANIELS - IOWA
24 WR COURTLAND SUTTON - SMU
27 S RONNIE HARRISON - ALABAMA
28 EDGE MARCUS DAVENPORT - UTSA
30 LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH - BOISE STATE
32 CB JOSH JACKSON - IOWA
33 EDGE JOSH SWEAT - FLORIDA STATE
35 WR CALVIN RIDLEY - ALABAMA
36 CB ISAIAH OLIVER - COLORADO
38 RB RONALD JONES II - USC
39 TE MIKE GESICKI - PENN STATE
40 OT KOLTON MILLER - UCLA
43 G BILLY PRICE - OHIO STATE
44 EDGE SAM HUBBARD - OHIO STATE
45 DL HARRISON PHILLIPS - STANFORD
46 CB CARLTON DAVIS - AUBURN
47 WR CHRISTIAN KIRK - TEXAS A&M
48 RB SONY MICHEL - GEORGIA
49 WR D.J. CHARK - LSU
50 OT MARTINAS RANKIN - MISSISSIPPI STATE
51 CB MIKE HUGHES - UCF
52 RB RASHAAD PENNY - SAN DIEGO STATE


Not sure where that list came from, but Davenport, Ridley and Jackson will likely be long gone at 30. If they were still there, the phone would be ringing off the hook and I would extract a ransom from some other team to move back into the top of the second to grab the OG we really need. If the phone was broken, I would probably have to take Davenport or Ridley and hope like heck that one of the guards was still available at 62.
At first I thought this was your draft. I was curious how Spelman was going to get like 20 picks.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬


Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Transition Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:02 pm
Posts: 373
Post Re: Fanspeak 2018
Last night I got
OG Will Hernandez
CB Mike Hughes
OT Orlando Brown ....

Was so pleased I put it down and danced with my wife


Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:52 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 11123
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Fanspeak 2018
Hernandez is huge but apparently a pretty agile guy. Can't say the same for Brown. He might not be a great fit in the Vikings zone blocking scheme.


Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:08 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Thaumaturgist and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.