Interior Offensive Linemen

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Who would you most like to see the Vikings select.

ISAIAH WYNN
36%
WILL HERNANDEZ
14%
JAMES DANIELS
7%
BILLY PRICE
36%
MASON COLE
No votes
FRANK RAGNOW
7%

Total votes: 14

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Interior Offensive Linemen

Post by fiestavike »

A list of this years top G/C prospects.

It seems like a certainty that Quenton Nelson will be gone early. Of the remaining prospects who would you most like to see the Vikings draft?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Interior Offensive Linemen

Post by dead_poet »

Wynn is a stud. Price is my #2.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote:Wynn is a stud. Price is my #2.
I like most of theset guys. I think Wynn will probably be gone before our pick and Price might take time coming off his surgery I could see getting him in the 2nd possibly. I like the UTEP kid and bringing back a local boy in Ragnow would be great in the 3rd round.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Price could fall after his injury. Last mock I saw on NFL had UTEP kid gone by our pick. I think it depends on how the board shakes out, this could be a good draft to trade out of the 1st round.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

S197 wrote:Price could fall after his injury. Last mock I saw on NFL had UTEP kid gone by our pick. I think it depends on how the board shakes out, this could be a good draft to trade out of the 1st round.
I agree. Not that I put too much stock in the particulars of the draft simulations, but I often find there are 6-8 players we could use still on the board at 30, none of whom are likely to be there by our 2nd round pick I'd be happy if the Vikings traded back a couple picks and added a 4th rounder.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@JReidDraftScout makes a good point: two teams that need guard help (Jax/ATL) addressed in FA, increasing the likelihood a couple guys (Wynn/Price) may fall. Bengals and Panthers are two other teams that could go guard in R1.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Anybody that is good and will fall to us. Don't know much about college Linemen
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

I went with Price. I like his leadership qualities and mental toughness, plus I think he's the most likely to be there when #30 comes around in the first.

This is a solid draft for OL depth. Spielman could probably try to move up in the 2nd to grab one of these guys as at least one is likely to fall into the upper half of the 2nd round. Of course, that only makes sense if someone is sitting at #30 at a different position that Spielman simply can't pass on.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

VikingLord wrote:I went with Price. I like his leadership qualities and mental toughness, plus I think he's the most likely to be there when #30 comes around in the first.

This is a solid draft for OL depth. Spielman could probably try to move up in the 2nd to grab one of these guys as at least one is likely to fall into the upper half of the 2nd round. Of course, that only makes sense if someone is sitting at #30 at a different position that Spielman simply can't pass on.
He could trade up or he could trade back and add a 4th to replace the one we wasted on Sam Bradford. I think they could still get a good OL at that point if that is their priority.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

A lot of mocks have Price going to the Vikings in the 2nd. I'm assuming because of the injury. One on NFL.com had us taking a TE in round 1 and Price in rd 2.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Vikefan60
Backup

Post by Vikefan60 »

I joined the crowd and picked Price. His athleticism is a better fit for our blocking schemes than Hernandez and I like the position flexibility. If Wynn, Hernandez and Price were to surprisingly all still be there at 30, then I would prefer we trade back a few picks and add some more draft capital.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Vikefan60 wrote:I joined the crowd and picked Price. His athleticism is a better fit for our blocking schemes than Hernandez and I like the position flexibility. If Wynn, Hernandez and Price were to surprisingly all still be there at 30, then I would prefer we trade back a few picks and add some more draft capital.
If Wynn is there you take him IMO. He's a stud.
Vikefan60
Backup

Post by Vikefan60 »

dead_poet wrote:
Vikefan60 wrote:I joined the crowd and picked Price. His athleticism is a better fit for our blocking schemes than Hernandez and I like the position flexibility. If Wynn, Hernandez and Price were to surprisingly all still be there at 30, then I would prefer we trade back a few picks and add some more draft capital.
If Wynn is there you take him IMO. He's a stud.
I don't disagree. It's probably more that I think highly of Price and if they are both there, I wouldn't mind winding up with one of them plus some more draft capital. That said, I don't think either one is the second coming of Randall McDaniel.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »