Poet's 2018 Draft Crushes

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Brad H
Waterboy

Re: Poet's 2018 Draft Crushes

Post by Brad H »

One of the biggest differences in the 2017 Vikings from the 2016 Vikings was an improved offensive line. Although it has improved, it still isn't great, IMO. I would continue to build up the o-line and draft a couple of more guys in the 2018 draft along with another good corner. Those are the two most important positions on the field.

The diva position guys are a dime a dozen in the NFL. If you can't protect the quarterback or stop a slant pass, you are dead.
DEFENSE STARTS AT THE CORNERS
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I'm a G.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Brad H wrote:One of the biggest differences in the 2017 Vikings from the 2016 Vikings was an improved offensive line. Although it has improved, it still isn't great, IMO. I would continue to build up the o-line and draft a couple of more guys in the 2018 draft along with another good corner. Those are the two most important positions on the field.

The diva position guys are a dime a dozen in the NFL. If you can't protect the quarterback or stop a slant pass, you are dead.
Agree. You can never have enough linemen or corners. I do have a man crush on Roquon Smith out of Georgia though.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Agree. You can never have enough linemen or corners. I do have a man crush on Roquon Smith out of Georgia though.
Roquon will be a beast.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Wynn goes on my list after this
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

Does Baker Mayfield slip down to us? Do we take him if he does?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

cmoss84 wrote:Does Baker Mayfield slip down to us? Do we take him if he does?
No. And yes.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote: No. And yes.
Would make a lot of sense to take a QB in the bottom half of the 1st round. If the vikings can sign a QB cheap (Bridgewater? Keenum?) or draft a QB who can play smart and convert 3rd downs, they can hold the rest of the core together for a long time and open a nice long window to be competing for championships. Mayfield seems pretty obnoxious though...kind of like Manziel meets Newton.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

dead_poet wrote:
cmoss84 wrote:Does Baker Mayfield slip down to us? Do we take him if he does?
No. And yes.

Talk about different types of guys: Keenum and Mayfield.

I think the only way he slips to us is if he comes off as "not the guy I want leading my team" in the pre-draft interviews, in which case: would we really want him?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Right now I am digging the idea of getting CB Mike Hughes in the 1st and C/G Billy Price in the 2nd.
Vikefan60
Backup

Post by Vikefan60 »

IIsweet wrote:Right now I am digging the idea of getting CB Mike Hughes in the 1st and C/G Billy Price in the 2nd.
I like that if we are reasonably certain that Price will slip that far. I don't want to see us miss out on one of the top Guard prospects and our need at Guard is greater than our need at CB. If there are still two or three good guards on the board at 30, I would rather we just trade back into the top of the second than wait until 62.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

New light crush: WR Daurice Fountain, UNI.

Interesting day 3 WR. Solid pro day. Stood out at the E-W Shrine game (offensive MVP).

6'1/210
Vertical: 42.5 :shock:
Broad jump: 11 feet, 2 inches :shock:
40: 4.46

Both would’ve been tops among wide receivers at the combine. 40-yard time would’ve tied for 10th.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

What university is UNI?

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

That's almost a four foot vertical.