2016 draft: Round 1 -- What selection would ruin your night?

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

R1: What selection would ruin your night?

Will Fuller
47%
Cory Coleman
7%
Michael Thomas (OSU)
7%
Andrew Billings
7%
Jack Conklin
7%
Taylor Decker
No votes
Reggie Ragland
7%
Darron Lee
7%
Derrick Henry
7%
Robert Nkemdiche
7%

Total votes: 15

dead_poet
Commissioner

2016 draft: Round 1 -- What selection would ruin your night?

Post by dead_poet »

It feels like this draft isn't as polarizing as perhaps recent years. With a few good/legit options available at 23 and a number of ways to go, what guy(s) would you NOT want Rick to pick in the first round? Which guy(s) could Rick pick from the list of options that would ruin your excitement? I tried leaving off guys that "should" be gone by our pick. I was only allowed 10 options, so guys like Doctson/Treadwell aren't here as I've felt even if you're not sold on one or both of these guys you probably wouldn't be angry/too disappointed if they were selected (as much as, say, the available options).

I also didn't include "trade down" as I'm sure not many would object to that (depending on who was available and the compensation, of course).

You can select up to three options.

Guys I had to leave off due to space limitations: Ryan Kelly, Eli Apple, Leonard Floyd, Karl Joseph. I also had to leave off Trade UP (<5 spots). I don't feel like Rick would trade up any higher than that. If you want to include one of those options, feel free to comment and I can tally them.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Re: 2016 draft: Round 1 -- What selection would ruin your ni

Post by John_Viveiros »

Besides the obvious (Will Fuller, like everyone else), I chose Henry, because RB's just aren't that predictable or important in the NFL these days.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

The Redskins taking Josh Doctson ONE PICK ahead of the Vikings actually did my night.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I choose Ragland because I don't think he matches up well with Zimmers system
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote:I choose Ragland because I don't think he matches up well with Zimmers system
Im curious, why do you think that? I think he would be a perfect fit for nearly any system, he could play a 4-3 MLB as well as a 3-4 ILB.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

You should really put up the yr and position please.
Personally I want the 2 best O linemen. And if people say we need to steal from from knox, we going with the 2nd or 3rd picks. We are ok for know Zimmer.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

John_Viveiros wrote:Besides the obvious (Will Fuller, like everyone else), I chose Henry, because RB's just aren't that predictable or important in the NFL these days.
:spanking: