Leonard Fournette

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Beo
Backup

Leonard Fournette

Post by Beo »

Where in the 1st Round does he get drafted next year and who here would pay the price to go up and get him and make him our heir apparent to Peterson?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Leonard Fournette

Post by dead_poet »

Barring injury, conservatively he'll be top-20 (and probably will go higher). The Vikings will be picking last in the 2017 draft so it'd be way too expensive. :D

But seriously, barring an unexpected collective dumpster fire of a season he'll be priced well out of our range. I'd love to have him, though. He's a special talent.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Beo
Backup

Post by Beo »

If Gurley is worth a top 10 pick I can't see Fournette dropping farther than that. Would love to go from Peterson to Fournette to pair with Teddy in the backfield for the next 10 plus years.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Beo wrote:If Gurley is worth a top 10 pick I can't see Fournette dropping farther than that. Would love to go from Peterson to Fournette to pair with Teddy in the backfield for the next 10 plus years.
Indeed. But unfortunately/fortunately we likely will not be in position to do so.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly