SLAF

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

SLAF

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: SLAF

Post by fiestavike »

808vikingsfan wrote:First time I've heard about this.

http://slafootball.com/

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/09/26/ ... -football/
I like the idea. I still think there would be a market for football under some older rules. You could market it as hyper masculine and full of UFC brutality to drum up more support, but it would, in fact, be a much more interesting and strategic game than current NFL rules or college rules allow for.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I'd like to see players coming out of high school have the option to move into leagues like this instead of having colleges basically being developmental leagues. Keep college teams and let the players that also want an education continue to go and play for those teams. Just allow the players to have the choice of focusing solely on football if that's what they want (many of them will anyway). Not only that, but those people could actually get paid fairly for putting their bodies on the line. Heck, maybe colleges would even go back to trying to be the best academic institution rather than the best sports institution.

I know that's an unpopular opinion with how NCAA ball is entrenched but it seems like a good compromise to me.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Cliff wrote:I'd like to see players coming out of high school have the option to move into leagues like this instead of having colleges basically being developmental leagues. Keep college teams and let the players that also want an education continue to go and play for those teams. Just allow the players to have the choice of focusing solely on football if that's what they want (many of them will anyway). Not only that, but those people could actually get paid fairly for putting their bodies on the line. Heck, maybe colleges would even go back to trying to be the best academic institution rather than the best sports institution.

I know that's an unpopular opinion with how NCAA ball is entrenched but it seems like a good compromise to me.
I'd be in favor, but I think the moneyed interests would not go for it!
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

In Lincoln, Nebraska it is often said that the 'N' on the stadium stands for 'knowledge.'
College football is quite the racket.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Nunin wrote:In Lincoln, Nebraska it is often said that the 'N' on the stadium stands for 'knowledge.'
:lol:
College football is quite the racket.
It sure is...