View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 NFL to study data from combine drills 
Commissioner

Post NFL to study data from combine drills
Code:
The NFL has used a standard set of drills, including a 40-yard dash, 20-yard shuttle and three-cone drill at its scouting combine for several decades, including the most recent combine held earlier this month in Indianapolis.

"We run the 40-yard dash in Indianapolis. Why? The only reason anyone can ever give you is, that's how it's always been done," Birk said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12393 ... ine-drills

Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:45 pm
Commissioner

Post Re: NFL to study data from combine drills
Quote:
What are the real or improved measures of importance and value as it relates to evaluating players and whether or not they should be drafted in the first round or the sixth round?

Which is what I was trying to ask in that other thread. :wallbang:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:54 pm
Defensive Tackle

Post Re: NFL to study data from combine drills
Quote:
"There's been a ton of studies being done now on your bone length as it pertains to your chances of playing a receiver position, chances of playing a defensive back position. How is your chassis basically made up of? Now when you're actually putting it to movements other than a cone drill, I think that's in the long term going to show up in a player evaluation."

I predict "bone length" will be the "small hands" of the future,. It can bring a whole new level of crazy concern to the annual spring festival we football fanatics call "NFL Draft season". Image

Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]