Internet 2015 mock drafts

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Internet 2015 mock drafts

Post by dead_poet »

Texas Vike wrote: I like that Kevin White put up such impressive numbers at the combine. I'd love it if the Raiders took him, letting Cooper fall to us. Am I right in seeing only the Raiders as teams likely to take a WR in picks 1 through 10?
Rams and Jets are a couple others.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

dead_poet wrote:Darren Page 7-round mock (12/31): http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2314 ... ons/page/2

1. DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
2. Ty Sambrailo, OT, Colorado State
3. Hayes Pullard, LB, USC
4. Clayton Geathers, S, Central Florida
5. Marcus Hardison, DT, Arizona State
6. Terrence Magee, RB, LSU
7. Nick Marshall, QB, Auburn
Is this the guy that used to moderate or post on another site (cant remember the website or if its still up and running). I used to disagree with all of his pre draft selections, and I see that's still the case. We do see eye to eye on Parker though.
Last edited by PurpleKoolaid on Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Are these people putting up mocks with Scherff in there cause they actually think we need a tackle that bad? Or this is BPA for use but none of the other teams before use? Or that he will make an excellent guard?

If we did pick Waynes (cb) or White (wr) with our first pick, I wouldnt jump up and down screaming and crying.
kurtkeoki
Backup

Post by kurtkeoki »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Are these people putting up mocks with Scherff in there cause they actually think we need a tackle that bad? Or this is BPA for use but none of the other teams before use? Or that he will make an excellent guard?

If we did pick Waynes (cb) or White (wr) with our first pick, I wouldnt jump up and down screaming and crying.
While taking a guard at 11 would seem a reach, it's a guard that has the upside to go to tackle if Kalil doesn't get it together or Loadholdt isn't the same after his injury. If we knew both our tackles would have bounce-back seasons and we were set at the position, we likely wouldn't consider Sherff.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Regarding Scherff, if the guy can be a Pro Bowl guard for a decade, I wouldn't spend more than five seconds writing his name on the card. This idea that you don't take a guard that high is crazy to me - if he's that good, take him. If not, then go elsewhere. How many of you would pass up Randall McDaniel with a #11 pick, if he was available this year.

Regarding McDaniel...from Wikipedia:
he was timed at 4.6 seconds in the 40-yard dash
!!!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Latest NFL.com guys: Waynes (3), Cooper

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/mock-drafts
11. Minnesota Vikings: Kevin White, WR, West Virginia

The Vikings have made some moves at wide receiver, trading for Mike Wallace and releasing Greg Jennings. They shouldn’t stop there. Even though the Vikings need a cornerback, a player like White is too good to pass up with the No. 11 pick. He’s considered by some as the draft’s top wide receiver thanks to his speed and size.
posting.php?mode=reply&f=12&t=28079

Rob Rang: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl- ... ta-mystery
11. Minnesota Vikings -- Landon Collins, S, Alabama: Reuniting Teddy Bridgewater with playmaking receiver DeVante Parker is awfully intriguing but so is adding a heat-seeking missile like Collins to pair with Harrison Smith in the secondary. Given the passing attacks in the NFC North and head coach Mike Zimmer's defensive background, Collins makes a lot of sense.
Si.com: http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/12/2015-n ... us-mariota
Pairing a QB with his favorite collegiate receiver probably is more of a fun idea for fans than it is any legitimate consideration for teams. This time, however, everything lines up to connect Parker with Teddy Bridgewater again. Cooper and White have caused Parker to slide a bit under the radar. That's a mistake. Parker will be an immediate impact playmaker.​
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The real question might become: what do the Vikes want more, to make Bridgewater happy by giving him another receiving weapon, possibly one he knows (Parker or Cooper) or will Zimmer want DBs, a position he coached and values. After the Wallace trade, I'm thinking it's more likely that Collins or Waynes will be joining the team than Parker, Cooper or White but who knows? That's what makes the draft so much fun.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Demi wrote:I wouldn't touch Dorial Green-Beckham with a ten foot pole. How often do these type of players work out? Calvin Johnson. The guy would make a better tight end. And then the off the field stuff? No thanks.
Kelvin Benjamin is a more recent example of a big guy working out.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Bucky Brooks (3/24): http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/mock-draf ... cfb_brooks
11: Trae Waynes. Mike Zimmer wants an ultra-athletic “bump-and-run” corner to pair with Xavier Rhodes on the perimeter. Waynes has impressed evaluators with his speed and explosiveness in drills; he also has solid game tape to back up his credentials as one of the top cover corners in the draft.
My guy Kevin Johnson is now going #16. Crap. Bucky has five corners going in R1.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

And a complete 7-round mock: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2406 ... tory-picks

11: DeVante Parker
45. Minnesota—CB Byron Jones, UConn
76. Minnesota—RB David Cobb, Minnesota
110. Minnesota—T Tyrus Thompson, Oklahoma
137. Minnesota—EDGE Kyle Emanuel, North Dakota State
228. Minnesota—DT Louis Trinca-Pasat, Iowa
232. Minnesota—FB Jalston Fowler, Alabama
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

I would like to see us trade back with the Saints acquiring an extra pick and allowing the Browns to clear out this years first round bust before we pick. :-)
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

dead_poet wrote:And a complete 7-round mock: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2406 ... tory-picks

11: DeVante Parker
45. Minnesota—CB Byron Jones, UConn
76. Minnesota—RB David Cobb, Minnesota
110. Minnesota—T Tyrus Thompson, Oklahoma
137. Minnesota—EDGE Kyle Emanuel, North Dakota State
228. Minnesota—DT Louis Trinca-Pasat, Iowa
232. Minnesota—FB Jalston Fowler, Alabama

those first three picks would be nice. doesn't do much for the left guard spot, but maybe we could grab evan mathis from the eagles for one of our 7th rounders.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

mmvikes wrote:I would like to see us trade back with the Saints acquiring an extra pick and allowing the Browns to clear out this years first round bust before we pick. :-)
:lol:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Charles Davis Mock 3.0: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/mock-draf ... vis/245604
#11: DeVante Parker: Reunion time in the Twin Cities. QB Teddy Bridgewater gets a college teammate as a big-time playmaker on the perimeter.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote:Charles Davis Mock 3.0: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/mock-draf ... vis/245604
Would be interesting if both Parker and White were available who they went with (assuming they didn't go with another position).