View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:12 pm



Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Final Four Announced 
Author Message
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: Final Four Announced
Unreal! This game and the Wisconsin game have been tremendous.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Stop being a hypocrite


Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:36 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: Final Four Announced
Cook has missed a few throws here that would have put the ball in the endzone


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Stop being a hypocrite


Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:37 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: Final Four Announced
Wow!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Stop being a hypocrite


Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:37 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: Final Four Announced
Boom!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Stop being a hypocrite


Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:43 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Final Four Announced
What an incredible comeback effort by Michigan State! That was a heck of a Cotton Bowl.


Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:45 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: Final Four Announced
Talk about a statement, what a comeback!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Stop being a hypocrite


Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:46 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: Final Four Announced
Mothman wrote:
What an incredible comeback effort by Michigan State! That was a heck of a Cotton Bowl.


And the two I've been waiting for all day haven't even begun yet!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Stop being a hypocrite


Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:47 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Final Four Announced
frosted wrote:
Talk about a statement, what a comeback!


That was pretty incredible. When they blocked the field goal, it brought me to my feet, shouting!

I'm hoping the wins by Wisconsin and MSU are a good omen for Ohio State tonight. Robert Smith picked them to win. Shocking, I know...


Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:49 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: Final Four Announced
Mothman wrote:
frosted wrote:
Talk about a statement, what a comeback!


That was pretty incredible. When they blocked the field goal, it brought me to my feet, shouting!

I'm hoping the wins by Wisconsin and MSU are a good omen for Ohio State tonight. Robert Smith picked them to win. Shocking, I know...


Fingers crossed!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Stop being a hypocrite


Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:51 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: Final Four Announced
Steve Hutchinson (@poisonpill76)
1/1/15, 3:43 PM
I hope today shuts up the complainers about quality of @bigtenconf . Can't keep up with speed...etc. We punch u in the mouth, usually works

Steve Hutchinson tweet ^ tell 'em Steve


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Stop being a hypocrite


Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:53 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Final Four Announced
frosted wrote:
Steve Hutchinson (@poisonpill76)
1/1/15, 3:43 PM
I hope today shuts up the complainers about quality of @bigtenconf . Can't keep up with speed...etc. We punch u in the mouth, usually works

Steve Hutchinson tweet ^ tell 'em Steve


Love it! The conference has acquitted themselves well so far today but the big one is tonight.


Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:54 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: Final Four Announced
Good point - I would be shocked if Ohio State won with their third string QB, but that's why they play the games! I'll guess Bama wins that game by 10. Excited to see this Oregon FSU game as well. Would like to see FSU win, but I'm thinking it will be Oregon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Stop being a hypocrite


Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:06 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3433
Post Re: Final Four Announced
Nice comeback by Michigan State. Baylor just seemed to find every possible way to bungle a lead that looked insurmountable. It reminded me of how TCU blew their 20 + lead on Baylor. One FG try hits the post and a second is blocked? That's insane.

Too bad the Gophers lost.

I think coaching matters A LOT in bowl games. Urban Meyer has a pretty solid record in bowl games, so OSU may play above and beyond their potential. Wisconsin seemed to rally hard around Alvarez today.


Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:08 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17473
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Final Four Announced
And of course, the only Big 10 team to suck up the house is your Minnesota Gophers.

Can't we have one thing to be happy for as far as sports?

Chokers.

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: Final Four Announced
Ohio State 49, Michigan State 37.
Baylor 61, TCU 58.
Michigan State 42, Baylor 41.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Stop being a hypocrite


Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:17 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: Final Four Announced
PurpleMustReign wrote:
And of course, the only Big 10 team to suck up the house is your Minnesota Gophers.

Can't we have one thing to be happy for as far as sports?

Chokers.


I'm happy for the Gophers..I didn't really expect them to win today..but they still had a very nice season in my opinion. I mean, they really aren't that talented a football team. They played over their heads all season.

Congrats for a good season, Gophers and Coach Kill.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Stop being a hypocrite


Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:19 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3433
Post Re: Final Four Announced
frosted wrote:
Ohio State 49, Michigan State 37.
Baylor 61, TCU 58.
Michigan State 42, Baylor 41.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol:

Are you baiting me?

That's the beauty of CFB; today, #8 Michigan State got some fortunate bounces and edged out #5 Baylor. Tomorrow, who knows. It's all about body of work, until they get a more extensive playoff system set up. Even then, I suppose.


Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:28 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: Minneapolis
Post Final Four Announced
Texas Vike wrote:
frosted wrote:
Ohio State 49, Michigan State 37.
Baylor 61, TCU 58.
Michigan State 42, Baylor 41.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol:

Are you baiting me?

That's the beauty of CFB; today, #8 Michigan State got some fortunate bounces and edged out #5 Baylor. Tomorrow, who knows. It's all about body of work, until they get a more extensive playoff system set up. Even then, I suppose.


Lol I swear I'm not, I copy pasted that from the game article on College Football Talk.

EDIT: I think it's very reasonable that Ohio State is in the playoff, even more so after seeing the results of the Wisconsin and Michigan State games, two teams that Ohio State recently beat, handily.

It's too bad about the QB situation, but it's a very talented team all around. Watch Joey Bosa tonight, DL #97..very disruptive player, I think his game projects very well to the next level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Stop being a hypocrite


Last edited by frosted on Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:37 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3433
Post Re: Final Four Announced
frosted wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:
frosted wrote:
Ohio State 49, Michigan State 37.
Baylor 61, TCU 58.
Michigan State 42, Baylor 41.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol:

Are you baiting me?

That's the beauty of CFB; today, #8 Michigan State got some fortunate bounces and edged out #5 Baylor. Tomorrow, who knows. It's all about body of work, until they get a more extensive playoff system set up. Even then, I suppose.


Lol I swear I'm not, I copy pasted that from the game article on College Football Talk.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


OK, cool. I probably deserved it by being a bit surly when my big 12 got snubbed upthread.


Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:39 pm
Profile
Backup
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:20 pm
Posts: 78
Location: Born & Raised in MN, Live in Nashville, TN
Post Re: Final Four Announced
I feel bad for whoever gets Winston in the draft...


Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:07 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3433
Post Re: Final Four Announced
MusicCityViking wrote:
I feel bad for whoever gets Winston in the draft...


He seems like a head case, doesn't he?

Mariotta is a baller. The kid is just an unreal athlete. Chip Kelly's gotta be tempted to trade up for him.


Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:18 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: Minneapolis
Post Re: Final Four Announced
Boom! Ohio State repping the Big Ten well!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Stop being a hypocrite


Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:25 am
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17473
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Final Four Announced
I doubted Ohio State for some time now, but the run they are on since the Gopher game is something else.

Alabama will never want to play in the Superdome ever again, they are 0-3 in their last three Sugar Bowls there/.

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:10 am
Profile YIM WWW
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17473
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Final Four Announced
And I hope they go to an 8 team playoff at some point. What a great system this turned out to be.
I just love having these great football programs play each other like this.

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:02 am
Profile YIM WWW
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Final Four Announced
PurpleMustReign wrote:
And I hope they go to an 8 team playoff at some point. What a great system this turned out to be.
I just love having these great football programs play each other like this.


It's fun! I think it will be difficult to make it an 8 team field, since there's a limit to how many football games college players can reasonably be asked to play. That would make things even more exciting though...

The Big 10 acquitted themselves well yesterday! Ohio State clearly proved they belonged in the tournament. In retrospect, it looks like it would have been better to include TCU instead of FSU but since the latter was undefeated and they were also defending champs, it was all-but-impossible to leave them out. If they had just lost one of those close games down the stretch of their schedule, I suspect we would have seen TCU in the final four.

It's pretty amazing that OSU has done this with their third string QB.

So, who do people like to win the Championship, Oregon or Ohio State?


Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:55 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3433
Post Re: Final Four Announced
Mothman wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
And I hope they go to an 8 team playoff at some point. What a great system this turned out to be.
I just love having these great football programs play each other like this.


It's fun! I think it will be difficult to make it an 8 team field, since there's a limit to how many football games college players can reasonably be asked to play. That would make things even more exciting though...

The Big 10 acquitted themselves well yesterday! Ohio State clearly proved they belonged in the tournament. In retrospect, it looks like it would have been better to include TCU instead of FSU but since the latter was undefeated and they were also defending champs, it was all-but-impossible to leave them out. If they had just lost one of those close games down the stretch of their schedule, I suspect we would have seen TCU in the final four.

It's pretty amazing that OSU has done this with their third string QB.

So, who do people like to win the Championship, Oregon or Ohio State?


Very impressive game from OSU. They made Bama's offense look one-dimensional and passing on running downs really did the trick on O. I'm impressed by just how many talented QBs they had on their roster.

Totally agree: TCU instead of FSU. I also agree that 8 team playoff will be hard to pull off. At the very least, I feel like we had much more exciting bowl games this year, perhaps because of the new system.


Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:49 am
Profile
Online
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23149
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Final Four Announced
Mothman wrote:
So, who do people like to win the Championship, Oregon or Ohio State?


I think Oregon should win, but it's hard to bet against Urban Meyer. Should be a good game.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:02 am
Profile
Online
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23149
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Final Four Announced
Texas Vike wrote:
Chip Kelly's gotta be tempted to trade up for him.


Maybe, but the price tag for that move would be ridiculous (20 to 1).

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:03 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3433
Post Re: Final Four Announced
dead_poet wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:
Chip Kelly's gotta be tempted to trade up for him.


Maybe, but the price tag for that move would be ridiculous (20 to 1).


Not likely to happen, I know, but I have to think he's chewing on these thoughts.... "Sanchez, Foles or Mariota? Is it worth the price? etc."


Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:46 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.