Final Four Announced

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Mothman
Defensive Tackle
Posts: 37416
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Final Four Announced

Post by Mothman » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:39 am

Texas Vike wrote:TCU made a statement today. So much for the idea that the Big 12 doesn't play D.
Plus, they clobbered an SEC team. :) It was definitely a "statement" win.
0 x

User avatar
Mothman
Defensive Tackle
Posts: 37416
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Final Four Announced

Post by Mothman » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:40 am

Texas Vike wrote:Looking forward to today's games, especially to see how the Big 10 and Big 12 match up in the Baylor vs. Mich. St. game. Then, of course, the final four.

My picks: Baylor, Oregon, Bama. All the favorites, so I'm probably wrong on at least one!

I'll be watching Melvin Gordon for Wisconsin too.
I'm not sure how much I'll get to watch. I'm hoping to catch both playoff games (it seems weird to say that about college football). I'm definitely hoping the Big 10 fares well, especially Ohio State, although the odds aren't in their favor.
0 x

User avatar
frosted
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2156
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Final Four Announced

Post by frosted » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:03 pm

Go Gophs, Sparty, Buckeyes, Wisco ... B1G! Haha. I feel like they could all lose, great games today.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x
Stop being a hypocrite

User avatar
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3682
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Final Four Announced

Post by Texas Vike » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:05 pm

frosted wrote:Go Gophs, Sparty, Buckeyes, Wisco ... B1G! Haha. I feel like they could all lose, great games today.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say that Michigan St. looks like a pretty solid team. They're hanging with Baylor so far, but I'm getting the sense that they won't be able to keep up. The Gophers are looking solid. Nice to see. I really like Kill.

Wisconsin's QB is atrocious. I also don't think I want Gordon in the first round. I'd rather have a really dynamic, pass-catching RB in round 3 or 4, whether we keep AD or not. Get me a superior WR with that top pick.
0 x

User avatar
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3682
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Final Four Announced

Post by Texas Vike » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:06 pm

Mothman wrote: Plus, they clobbered an SEC team. :) It was definitely a "statement" win.
Yeah, that was a fired up team right there. They felt disrespected and were very focused. I love to see the SEC get a cold dose of reality too. :)
0 x

User avatar
Mothman
Defensive Tackle
Posts: 37416
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Final Four Announced

Post by Mothman » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:36 pm

Speaking of Gordon... did anybody just see that TD run he made on 4th and 1? Wow!
0 x

User avatar
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3682
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Final Four Announced

Post by Texas Vike » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:47 pm

Mothman wrote:Speaking of Gordon... did anybody just see that TD run he made on 4th and 1? Wow!

Yeah... Pretty good timing on my part, eh? I can see why some posters here are high on him. That was a seriously impressive run, for numerous reasons. His determination to get to the EZ at the end especially.
0 x

User avatar
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3682
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Final Four Announced

Post by Texas Vike » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:53 pm

HOLY smokes, did you see the play by Gopher's TE #88 (Williams)?
0 x

User avatar
Mothman
Defensive Tackle
Posts: 37416
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Final Four Announced

Post by Mothman » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:00 pm

Texas Vike wrote: Yeah... Pretty good timing on my part, eh? I can see why some posters here are high on him. That was a seriously impressive run, for numerous reasons. His determination to get to the EZ at the end especially.
I literally said, "Wow" out loud when I saw it... and nobody else is here!
Texas Vike wrote:HOLY smokes, did you see the play by Gopher's TE #88 (Williams)?
Missed it. :(
0 x

User avatar
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3682
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Final Four Announced

Post by Texas Vike » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:08 pm

Mothman wrote: I literally said, "Wow" out loud when I saw it... and nobody else is here!
Missed it. :(
He scored a 30-40 yard TD and straight up hurdled a guy at full stride before bursting into the end zone. We're not talking a Jerome Wiggins, 2 foot scissor kick of a hurdle either, he got some serious air. :lol:

Those two plays are the top two so far today... I'm sure we're in for some more highlights with what's left.

This Wisconsin game is getting good.
0 x

User avatar
Mothman
Defensive Tackle
Posts: 37416
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Final Four Announced

Post by Mothman » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:29 pm

Texas Vike wrote:He scored a 30-40 yard TD and straight up hurdled a guy at full stride before bursting into the end zone. We're not talking a Jerome Wiggins, 2 foot scissor kick of a hurdle either, he got some serious air. :lol:
I'll look for that highlight later!

Edit: I saw it on the broadcast of the Wisconsin game right after I posted that. Great play!
Those two plays are the top two so far today... I'm sure we're in for some more highlights with what's left.

This Wisconsin game is getting good.
Yes, the pudgy Brazilian just tied it up with mere seconds left in regulation. :)
0 x

User avatar
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3682
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Final Four Announced

Post by Texas Vike » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:41 pm

Mothman wrote: I'll look for that highlight later!

Edit: I saw it on the broadcast of the Wisconsin game right after I posted that. Great play!
Yes, the pudgy Brazilian just tied it up with mere seconds left in regulation. :)
:rofl:

I have quite a few Brazilian friends and I've never, ever met a single Brazilian as chubby as the Wisconsin kicker! That cheddar cheese up there must be packing on his freshman 50. :lol: Spirited guy, too.

Wow. Off the upright for the Sconny win. Cool ending.
0 x

User avatar
Mothman
Defensive Tackle
Posts: 37416
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Final Four Announced

Post by Mothman » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:48 pm

Texas Vike wrote:I have quite a few Brazilian friends and I've never, ever met a single Brazilian as chubby as the Wisconsin kicker! That cheddar cheese up there must be packing on his freshman 50. :lol: Spirited guy, too.
Well, that cheese IS pretty good. :)
Wow. Off the upright for the Sconny win. Cool ending.
Yeah, i wish I'd seen the whole game. I only saw the second half. If the Bowls tonight live up to that one, we have some fun ahead.
0 x

User avatar
frosted
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2156
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Final Four Announced

Post by frosted » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:48 pm

Don't look now, but the SEC is having a brutal bowl season thus far


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x
Stop being a hypocrite

User avatar
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3682
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Final Four Announced

Post by Texas Vike » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:32 pm

Wow, this Baylor - Mich. St game just got crazy. After trailing 42-21, Mich. St. is driving for the win.
0 x