Missing Ohio Player Found Dead

Talk about the latest College games and players and discuss the NFL Draft here. Get reports on players, prospects, Draft Links, the latest Mock Drafts and other indepth analysis, plus the latest on the NCAA College games.

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Missing Ohio Player Found Dead

Post by Cliff »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /19606459/
A missing Ohio State University football player told his mother in a text message the day he disappeared that concussions had his head messed up, according to a report filed with police.

Kosta Karageorge, a 22-year-old senior defensive tackle from Columbus, was last seen at his apartment around 2 a.m. Wednesday. Team spokesman Jerry Emig confirmed that Karageorge missed practice Wednesday and Thursday, which his family says was uncharacteristic.
His mother, Susan Karageorge, told police he has had several concussions and a few spells of being extremely confused, according to the report. She said at about 1:30 a.m. Wednesday he texted a message that cited the concussions and said, "I am sorry if I am an embarrassment."
The player's sister, Sophia Karageorge, told The Columbus Dispatch that he apparently was upset, and roommates said he went for a walk, dressed in black from his hat to his boots.

"We're very concerned that he's not himself and that he maybe doesn't know what's going on," she told the newspaper.

She said after each concussion he followed trainers' instructions and received proper care but "his repercussions from (concussions) have been long-term or delayed."
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Missing Ohio Player Found Dead

Post by Mothman »

That's very unsettling. I hope he's okay, his family must be worried sick.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Mothman wrote:That's very unsettling. I hope he's okay, his family must be worried sick.
He was actually found dead in a dumpster near his apartment complex, I believe - he died from a self inflicted gun shot wound.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

frosted wrote: He was actually found dead in a dumpster near his apartment complex, I believe - he died from a self inflicted gun shot wound.

Yikes. That's awful.